Skip to main content

Reply to "New Ebay FB will change the way the GAME is PlaYed"

Quote, "I had such a good dream. Auctiva opened an auction site and I was so good to go. I just felt like I won the lottery being in the right place again at the right time."
For a moment... and just a moment, I was lifted into that dream myself as I have been trying to figure out and alternative to Ebay, where I might actually make a little money. Then reality breaks into that dream. And in that reality, I saw a company like Auctiva, that has a huge customer base at present, open their new auction site. I saw a large number of disgruntled Ebay sellers move their alegiance to Auctiva's new site and for a brief while it all seemed wonderful. Auctiva made money... the sellers made money... the buyers saved money. But it was no time at all before the huge monopoly realizes that Auctiva is a serious player, as well as a serious threat to their bottom line. They give Auctiva a couple of years to prove that they are a viable investment. Eventually, they offer an enormous amount of money to get the player out of the game, buy our wonderful Auctiva Auction Site and we all find our ads back on Ebay where we came from in the first place. And the Auctiva founder??? Living extremely well of an amazing idea.
How many times have you left an expensive service provider for a less expensive one, only to be back with the first company after a hostile take over. Been there and done that too many times already.
But it was an awesome dream!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.