Skip to main content

Reply to "New eBay Stores, Pricing and formats"

We're getting much the same, in terms of eBay changes, here in the U.S. - effective September 16th.

Nothing changes, fee-wise, for Auction or Store Inventory formats. Fixed Price listings are going to a flat 35 cents Insertion Fee (15 cents for a few categories), regardless of value/quantity listed - coupled with a hike in the Final Value Fees (for most categories) - and new options for 30-day and Good Til Cancelled (renews every 30 days, like a Store listing) durations.

I expect that Auctiva will have to make a few minor adjustments - like the additional options for Duration on Fixed Price listings, for example. I keep looking for some word as to exactly WHEN that will become available to us, so I can be preparing some new listings in advance.

Once the 'new deal' takes effect, I plan on putting all of my listings into the active Fixed Price fray - keeping the eBay Store just for what it primarily serves as now: an organized way for shoppers to check out what all I've got available.

I am also working on tooling up my own Store site, through the ProStores division of eBay. There's just enough 'cross-pollination' between the two operations, to make it quite easy for an established eBay operator to set up shop there - and enough competition in the Webstore business that ProStores is in, I believe, to block eBay from doing anything radical with the rates there.

I plan on building the business on the ProStores site, at first, by guiding my eBay buyers to it, as a lower cost choice for their future purchases. By knocking off the difference in the Final Value Fees - 12% on average on the new eBay rate scale, vs. 1/2 % at ProStores - I can offer them a nice discount, while still pocketing the same net profits.

One interesting discovery I have made: If you first set up a listing on eBay (using Auctiva, of course), then use the option at ProStores to 'import' your eBay listings into your ProStores 'catalog' (the list from which you select what to show on your ProStores site) - AUCTIVA WILL WORK ON ProStores! That will save a BUNCH of work, by not having to do double setups for listings. You just import the eBay listings into your ProStores 'catalog' - scroll down the list to make the Price adjustments - then click the checkbox for each item you want to add to your ProStores site.

At the moment, I am working with a 20 item basic site at ProStores (www.pro-imagebyclemmie.com). As soon as finances permit bringing my planned Fall lineup into the picture, I'll be upgrading to the next service tier, then greatly expanding the selection.

I still hope to accomplish that by the end of September, as originally planned - provided I can overcome a major 'monkey wrench' that got thrown in the works. The wife left me, several days ago - taking off with most of the household income, and leaving me with most of the bills. So, while I have a Plan, I've been forced into some major re-juggling of immediate financial priorities, with the outcome yet to be seen. Stay tuned!
Last edited by imagebyclemmie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.