Skip to main content

Reply to "new form of pw phishing on ebay"

quote:
Originally posted by BTPS:
quote:
Originally posted by leahyrlw:
Oerish the thought sales could actually get any worse.
My lips are sealed
Rosemary

Personally, I think spreading the word - EDUCATING PEOPLE is much better then silence. BUYERS need to learn that once they log in they shouldn't ever have to log in again to VIEW an item!
true, there is the other side to it. and perhaps ebay should educate people about it. when you first sign up for ebay, they should definately warn you about spoof emails (which they dont) and prolly should warn about this new phishing method.

BTW, if you ever come across one of these listings that when you click on it, it takes to you a fake login page, if you contact Live Help they can kill it. They will say they cant and will tell you to file a report with Trust and Safety, BUT last night, Magie went to Live Help and got a Live Help reps who got her supervisor (who promptly killed the listing) and told Magie that because of the nature of the security problem, that Live help is supposed to get a supervisor over so that it can be killed promptly, rather than waiting on T&S.

The two reps I dealt with both tried to pawn me off on T&S. The second one was after Magie was told theyre supposed to have supervisor kill it, so I argued with the rep and after some arguing it got killed.

BTW, (for those that dont know) to get the item # for reporting to live help, right click, select "properties" and then can pull the item number out of the url.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.