Skip to main content

Reply to "New Policy EBAY Excessive Shipping Amt"

I purchased an item from a newer seller 2 months ago. It was costly (over $130.00 total). Before I bid on the item, I checked out the shipping cost - $7, which I though was pretty high, but oh well, I did want the item. So when I won the auction, they came back with an invoice that had an extra $2 tacked on in the seller +/- area. I emailed them, asking what it was for. They replied, after a day, that it was a handling charge, standard in all of their auctions.

I checked out all of their auctions. This person had 45 feedback, most of it from sellers - only about 6 from buyers, and all positive. I went into each and every one of their auctions, closed and still running, and saw NO disclosure of any handling charge.

So, next step was to email the seller and complain, object, etc. No response from them. I really did want the item, so after a couple of days, I paid for it through Paypal. Received it about 5 days later, and love it.

I got a really good price on my purchase, and I think they buyer was ticked off that it didn't fetch more, so they added the charge.

I left them a neutral - said nice item, but seller charged "undisclosed" handling fee.

BAM - they hit me back with a negative "BEWARE - LEAVES BAD FEEDBACK!!!" I added a reply "I leaft a neutral, which was fair".

I didn't know about Ebay's new rule regarding shipping fees. Is it too late to report this person?
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.