Skip to main content

Reply to "Overcharged for image hosting - for all these years"

Dear Lindy56,

We'll be happy to continue working with you through your support case until we get to the bottom of the confusion over this situation that obviously remains, but I have not seen any evidence that our system has ever duplicated images that are uploaded in your case or any others. We have attempted to reproduce the behavior you have described, but we just cannot make that happen.

For example, I just uploaded a new image into my own account and did not choose to place it in any specific folder. I then confirmed that the image appeared at the top of my Image Management page when either All Folders, ---, or No Folder was selected from the "Show Images in" drop down menu.

As I described before, this does *not* mean multiple copies of the image are stored in my account. The same single image file is just being returned by those three separate filters.

I then deleted the image from my account. After that, I went through the process of selecting All Folders, ---, and No Folders from the "Show Images in" drop down menu on the Image Management page and confirmed that the image no longer appeared regardless of which filter was selected.

I don't quite understand what you are seeing on your side of things that suggests differently, but you are in very capable hands with Don and hopefully we will all get on the same page soon.

If you are able to demonstrate the existence of a technical problem through your support case, we will certainly address it. However, based on what I have read and the testing I have done so far, I have not been able to confirm that what you have decribed is actually happening so I'm still confident that there is just some remaining confusion to clear up.

I do not believe it is likely that your use of an old browser version is related to this situation, but I would definitely still recommend updating to the latest version. Our site is optimized for the latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer and our ability to troubleshoot behavior that happens on outdated version of those browsers is very limited.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.