Skip to main content

Reply to "PayPal Monopoly on Ebay"

Hello again,

Maybe I was in my own little world about the goings on with Ebay and Paypal, and how dreadful their attitudes are regarding FAIR PLAY until it hit me in the face. In the first place, Paypal should be nothing more than a resource to send funds, NOT JUDGE, JURY AND SENTENCING PANEL.. They started out as a free resource to pay for auctions, pay bills and send funds. They don't abide by the Federal Banking laws, and it's too costly for one person to sue them. However there are several class actions suits currently in place against them for unfair business practices.
Ebay has been doing some very nasty things to people lately also, or maybe it's that I've been made aware of it. I just got an email from a person(huge power seller) who's had ALL their auctions removed and Ebay won't EXACTLY tell why ONE auction infringed on what they've determined to be NOT ok to sell on Ebay. It was MURINE earwax removal.. This person had page after page of auctions, all of them were removed, no particular reason given, and Ebay doesn't really give a darn about the time and work that this person spent putting those auctions on. WHAT HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE? If the attitude that Ebay and Paypal have regarding the people that are making them RICH keeps up, they will go down the tube. Pretty soon it will be known for being a site for crooks and scammers.

When I had my problem getting money back for the sink, Ebay referred me to SQUARE TRADE........ANOTHER $29.95,,, are you kidding me? The auction was PAYPAL PROTECTED, my backside! Paypal doesn't investigate anything, they do what is easy, have people working there that don't even know what they're talking about, and don't care. When I called them, they told me I hadn't responded via my acct. It clearly showed ALL my responses, including faxes re: proof of return of the sink, emails, and phone calls! Then this gal says I needed to enter the return of the sink in my PAYPAL acct. I asked her to walk me through doing that as it couldn't be done.. she got snotty, started with the do this do that bull, and guess what? I was right and she knew it.. the end result however was I NEEDED TO CALL THE SELLER AND ASK HER TO REFUND MY MONEY.. What the heck is PAYPAL PROTECTED? It means NOTHING except FREE advertisement in our auctions for PAYPAL to make more money off our efforts! They don't take care of their customers that's for certain. I finally mentioned the complaint forms I'd gotten from the ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE and would be filing soon. The most amazing thing happened, I got my money.

Yes, it does help to vent. I really enjoy doing this and don't want a few bad issues to keep me from meeting MANY nice people. I'm glad I finally tried Auctiva. Learning a new way was/is confusing at times, but the service is outstanding when there is a problem. Unfortunately I started right about the time they were moving, but stuck with it.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.