Skip to main content

Reply to "PayPal Monopoly on Ebay"

What a shame that ebay owns paypal. Its horrible what they put us through. Last week eBay decided that my account was not secure, and I needed to change my password on one of my ebay ID's... The next day I get an email for the other ID!!
"FUNNY" thing is that while I do accept paypal, I do not allow their logo on my auctions. The evening following the first tko28 notice that I had to change my password, I mysteriously got an email from PAYPAL telling me that I had to go in and change my password as they couldn't get their logo on my auctions!!! Well... duh paypal...I don't allow them.....Next day after I changed my other ID, I got the same email from paypal!
I think they did this so that they could confuse me into allowing their logo in my auctions.
We have our own site, have for as long as we have been on ebay and only use them for advertising thankfully...don't do much ebay at all.
I agree with all you guys, when I first joined ebay in 1999 it was nice and simple!! Free paypal was great too....but another sneaky scheme to get people to sign up..once they had us all....suddenly they are crying the blues with over 5 million members at the time that they couldn't do business accounts for free anymore. So do we quit using them? NOOO...we are so used to getting the money, we keep using them. We also accept credit cards direct, and I must say the paypal is a bit cheaper, and my merchant account has its own little ways of ripping you off too with sur charges. At least with paypal you know what you are paying. Not defending them, I am totally against monopolies, but they are no worse in the actual charging percentages than any other credit card service.
Ok, all talked out...I wish good luck to you all! Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.