Skip to main content

Reply to "PayPal Monopoly on Ebay"

Now there I have to disagree.
A month ago I would've agreed with you wholeheartedly but here's what happened.

I purchased from a buyer in August of last year. No delivery of product, no answers to emails, no answers to contact member, no answers to my phone calls.

I file with Paypal for the protection that's stated on the auction. (that's the ticket if they have the Paypal protection)

Nada!

Next month.

Nada!

Every month I would contact Paypal via phone in regards to this, always asking for a supervisor...Nada!

Finally a month ago during one of my monthly phone calls to get this refunded (Yes, I'm like a bulldog once I latch onto something, I don't let go!) the supervisor I spoke to stated she didn't understand why it hadn't been refunded.

She stated that the file was still open. I said..Yes m'am. I'm not closing it until I receive my refund as is guaranteed by Paypal protection. (I had taken a screen shot of the original auction too and had that for my records even though the seller was NARU and the auction was off eBay records to be viewed.)

This particular supervisor promised me in writing that if I closed the case she would send me the refund. I stated, No thank you...I would do that once I had the refund in my account.

Refund was to my account within 4 hours. I closed the open file for dispute and that was the end of it.

I'm kinda embarrassed that it was only for five plus dollars..but it was the principle of the dispute.

It was guaranteed and I wasn't getting any valid reason besides the seller has no money in their account to reimburse you. I kept fighting them with the Paypal purchase protection guarantee and finally after six months (either they were tired of me or they were trying to clean the books up) I got that five plus dollars back!

One battle down!

I understand everything everyone is saying..but unless eBay ALLOWS we the seller to use whatever means we want to use to accept funds..then we are SOL when selling on eBay.

Good Luck,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.