Skip to main content

Reply to "Problem with Protect Images coding!"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
The code that protects images is really just a small deterent. It's enough for another seller to know you don't want them copied. If someone wants to copy them they can through several different methods and you can't stop them.

true, but the code auctiva is using is bad. the code I provided in OP doesnt have the same problem that the auctiva code has.

quote:

The reason we do it the way we do it is because our code lets buyers still copy and paste info from your listings. Many buyers like to copy and paste the item # or other info from your listings. We feel this outweighs the side effect you see here. I think in Internet Explorer this menu doesnt come up like it does in Firefox.

Um... yes it does. I can say for 100% sure that the code auctiva uses still allows the menu to appear in IE; I use IE.

Code auctiva uses allows right click menu to appear in IE if you dont use mouse buttons prior to right clicking. Code I put in OP doesnt allow the right click menu to appear.

quote:

In our phase 2 release late this year we'll include watermarking and that will strongly deter if not stop other sellers from copying your images.

true watermarking is better, but the code still really should be fixed.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.