Skip to main content

Reply to "Put back the alignment layout options"

They are reading....lots of controversial posts are totally ignored in the last year and it is becoming more and more so. Moderators use to be very active on forums and I am seeing a trend that simple things are answered and usually referred to support if further info. needed. (which is GREAT for smaller issues that are more individualized)

I think it has become ignore them and the subject dies. Unfortunately, they usually die because there are not as many people on the forums that express their true thoughts. They are those who "steam silently"

There is NO way these are not read! I get the impression that they just simply have no answers or have head scratching moments.

As far as the HURT FACTOR....though I am sure it was said half jokingly, since there was wink after it, the part bolded below I took as serious. Maybe the wink was for the entire thing not just the hurt feelings part. Never thought about the entire part being the wink part.... as I took most of that line seriously, and really thought ok they will give us opportunity to give our input and quite disappointed that that was not to be.

but we know from experience that even changing the slightest little thing without at least giving users the opportunity for their input often results in a lot of hurt feelings Wink.

Anyway, as sellers we are running businesses, we are not 3 years olds on playground running around with hurt feelings over business decisions. My personal feelings have no place in my business.

Auctiva...if you are reading kind of crazy example on a more personal level, but will throw it out there. This would be like someone in company has brainstorm...oh, lets change insurance carriers from a GREAT COMPANY that most people are very happy with to another one. Then not telling YOU. You head out to your Dr. get your exam...and you get out your little charge card to pay your little $20.00 deductible...only to find...GUESS WHAT!!! Your company changed insurance carriers and did not tell you and your Dr. is not on new carriers list.

Crazy example I know..but may make one shake their head and figure out it feels to be uninformed (especially when the decision effects you personally).

LuckBeALadyTonight ....that is a problem...we all think it is just us....and we chase our tails around and around...when in fact, letting us know would help. It does not change that something has been dumped without even getting our input...but at least we are not wasting our time trying to find what we are doing wrong. Looking for glitches in system, etc.,

Do have one question did you get this from support?? Just wondering as my answer was pretty vague and when I sent follow up it was not responded to.

Why take away horizontal and left/top alignments anyway? If its bad for mobile users.. then THEY should pick the options best suited for them. Don't take away our options just because their Mobile stuff doesn't support it. Is that really fair?

AUCTIVA
I know you can't make all of the people happy all of the time BUT:

When you are making large changes like this could you at least ask for our input (unless ebay change which you have no control over. You have said in note on forum
quote:
Even changing the slightest little thing without at least giving users the opportunity for their input

It is like slap in face to say this and then ignore it when making a big change. The name change no one gave a flip about and the reasoning of something in summer...never panned out and has been totally ignored when asked about follow ups...so was truly a waste of our time asking our opinion about that.

If there is reason for this change, tell us what it is. It may possibly make sense and could be an AH HA moment for us.

At least give us the courtesy of some kind of response. We know you read the posts, as you respond to some peoples.

I have gotten impression that certain members posts are ignored most of the time.

Of course, I don't blame you for ignoring as we do bring out some valid points that perhaps there are no good answers for and we push hoping to get them.

Auctiva, we are YOUR COMMUNITY!! We only strive to make it a better place and to make our businesses the best they can be.

When we all took our time to learn a new system and list through auctiva, we thought it was the BEST decision we could make. It is NOT easy to learn a new system and we all took that plunge.

Now the constant changes for the sake of change are driving us nuts.

Sorry if this is sooo long....but I just wonder
AUCTIVA????
?? ARE are getting the point?

?? Do you understand or even care WHY we are upset that this was never even mentioned before it was done? As we were told we would be given the opportunity for input by your personnel and that was totally ignored. We did not post that, your personnel did.

?? Do you understand WHY we are irritated that we were NOT even given the courtesy for a notice that this was going to be changed.

?? Do you get that it it waste of our time to look for solutions to issues on our end when in fact they were changes you made?

?? Do you understand that knowledge is power and without knowledge of changes we can't do our jobs in an efficient manner?

?? Do you understand that ignoring our notes just makes matters worse when other things crop up??? That every post that is ignored just adds fuel to the next one?

?? Do you understand every singletime a post is put up that is ignored, we feel like you are saying "TALK TO THE HAND" Ignoring the situation does not make it go away.

Others please add to this list.....as NOTHING ever changes without voices behind them!!

I hope auctiva will give us the courtesy of some kind of responses.

But I think we are all just venting on here...and will not get response. Hoping auctiva will be able to make me eat those words!! I love eating crow!!
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.