Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellathon"

Dear Mr. Schlicht,

I guess we have to define "sad". For when Auctiva bought Sellathon, the product worked. Now, it doesn't work. When Auctiva bought Sellathon, support was transparent, non-defensive and responsive. Now, well, let's just say it's not.

As for the new site working, I beg to differ. Before the transition, we were given very little information and what information we had, we had to find on our own without the benefit of a heads-up e-mail to paying subscribers, something which is quite trivial, this despite the fact that Sellathon personnel said that this would've been impossible (and what do you suppose that tells us?).

We were told quite specifically on 9/16 that the V3 tracking code would work with the V4 site, but not as well as the V4 could would, ultimately. We were never told we had to add the V4 code and remove the V3 code until today, when Michael G. of Sellathon support told me to do so in a support reply.

You say, "It's all new and it works," but I would beg to differ, for it still doesn't work. I had both the V3 and V4 counters in item 350091390262 and I removed the V3 counter. That item's counter is incrementing in the listing, but still doesn't show-up in the "Live" folder on the V4 site. Rather, an older version of the listing which expired unsold on 9/21 before relisting is being updated in "Expired", with its item number changed out from under it to the new one, but an expiration date still of 9/21. It is, at least, showing the views in "Expired", though your move-to-folder dialog didn't work as there was no result and, I might add, no message to the effect that it had spun its poor, little wheels to no effect.

Then, I revised item 250296434018 to remove the V3 code and replace it with the V4 code in one revision. The KickItBack counter in that listing is incrementing as well, but its views are not being tracked anywhere on the V4 site.

There are two main ways that an outfit can handle its customers and their issues: defensively and helpfully. Please don't be defensive. Help us, instead.

Regards,
Jeff Broido
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.