Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellathon"

quote:
This is simply not true. I've logged into the support system every day this week and I see all the cases coming in are being answered.

My experience of support cases being dealt with is good, however, providing good support should be more than this. In the pre-Auctiva days the support was way more pro-active and also very visible on the Sellathon forums. So if there was a problem affecting multiple users, then everyone would know about it and would be kept regularly updated.

Having worked in IT development for more years than I can remember Smile I can completely understand why you wanted to move towards users filing support cases, rather than simply report problems on the Sellathon forums. It's way easier to manage & prioritise problems, especially for individual user issues. However, if you're already aware of an issue that affects the whole system, or you receive multiple support cases about the same issue, then it would be better for everyone if you posted straight to the Sellathon forums. This not only saves user frustration because at least they know a problem has been reported & is being dealt with. But it also saves the effort of filing a support case, and of you having to deal with so many duplicate cases. The other benefit is it will remove any possible perception that you're trying to hide 'bad news'. I think most people would rather know that something is broken and may take a few days to fix, than simply being left in the dark.

Anyway, I really do hope this new version of Sellathon fixes all the issues we've been having in the past year, as when it is working properly it's a great tool.

Cheers, Tim
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.