Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellathon"

Dear Mr. Schlicht,

Sorry to say, you are proving my point, and admirably. In fact, I couldn't have argued the point more effectively.

For if you read this entire thread, and the related, more extensive threads on the Sellathon forum, you will learn at least two very important things:

1) Most requests for help or information on the Sellathon board have been ignored, answered late, answered with errors and not corrected or not answered responsively.

2) If you are able to remain calm and pretend that you are an impartial observer, you will learn that you, yourself, have posted only defensive notes on this thread. Defensive customer service doesn't work, especially if the perception in your user community is that your defenses are devious (such as ignoring specific complaints and responding that your personnel have done something good to counter the behavior being noted, such as quoting support response statistics when we ask for heads-up e-mails), which they appear to me to be, unresponsive and, well, let's just say that some of your responses don't match our memories.

Defensive customer service doesn't work; that's a known fact and avoiding defensiveness is one of the cardinal rules for responsible outfits whose main motivation is to provide excellent service.

And you can claim, if you like, that the site is working, and ignore most claims to the contrary, but the fact is that, although the new, KickItBack counters are incrementing in our listings, only a small percentage are showing-up on the V4 site. Yes, I've reported my list of items which have had the V3 code replaced (properly and manually) with the V4 code to Michael G. via a formal support request. A prior request made yesterday, enumerating a subset of our bad counters, has not yet been acted on.

It's swell if it works perfectly for you. It just doesn't work for your customers.

Jeff Broido
Last edited by jeffandbarbbroido
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.