Skip to main content

Reply to "Seller Relief: Must See Auction..."

quote:
Originally posted by member_8880:
JeffS said something in another post about how people will put up with it anyway, and ebay won't change it back, etc. Normally I would wholeheartedly agree with him, but this time I'm not so sure. I honestly think sellers will leave, and not just the little guys either. The fees suck, that's a given, but I'm more concerned with the FB issue. There are already enough people that like to give negs for sport and it's only going to get much worse.

They won't change it back. Nothing will change, and things will continue on as normal. eBay will silently ride this through, like it does EVERY year, even with bad press. I will predict that YOU will continue to sell on eBay just as if this never happened. Same for TAZ. Oh sure, he's pissed. I'm pissed too. Who wants somebody else's hand in your pocket. But, you know what? It happens every year, and every year there is an outcry, and every year it's "eBay is mad", "eBay has run amock", "eBay sucks, that's it, I've had it, never again.". I say it all too. I also say "bullshit". You'll be selling here just like I will.

My main point of anger is my loss of profit margin to a greedy company that clearly does not need it but wants to impress Wall street by continuing to have "the best quarterly earnings ever" every quarter. One way to assure that is to collect more money. Here's a real world example. If you start an item at $9.99 with no gallery image and it sells for $25.00, you paid $1.71 in fees. Under the new fee schedule you will now pay $2.54, or 83 cents more, which is an increase of 49%. Hard to stomach, right? It is annoying. Sell ten items like this and your fees are $8.30 more per month. Yep, it's certainly enough to make you angry.

Now, about the feedback. You know, I'm not so pissed off about that. In fact, I can see the logic. I'm sure none of you will agree with me. First off, let me say I have 3000+ unique positive feedbacks (3600 something total), no negatives, no neutrals. I don't see that changing. I don't give anyone any reason to leave me a negative comment that I need to worry about it. Putting the buyers in the drivers seat with the negatives, and the stars is going to QUICKLY rid eBay of the trashy shit sellers who take weeks to ship an item, sell knock-offs that are crap, sell inferior products, charge you $8 for shipping only to have the item come in a padded envelope with 67 cents on the postage label, etc. You know who these sellers are. I'm not one of them. Are you? (not aimed at anyone in particular reading this). If you aren't, you really have nothing to worry about.

With the fear of a retaliatory negative removed, now, when I am a buyer (which is not often), I'm going to be more honest in the future. In the past I've let A LOT go by because I didn't want my 100% positive record to be tarnished by some asshole giving me an untrue retaliatory feedback. Not any more. if I buy something, and it's crap, I'm gonna let the seller know it's crap. Probably mostly in the form of neutrals. Why should I say "it's great" or "product OK" when it isn't?

Think about it.
Last edited by jeffs
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.