Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellers lack of feedback -"

Dawn, just so you have another perspective on leaving feedback, there are two schools of thought on who should leave feedback first.

I used to be of the firm mindset that, as a seller, I had no problem leaving feedback first, as I'm honest and treat my customers right, they would respond in kind.

After getting more sales under my belt, and having a few "close calls" with difficult buyers, it quickly became apparent to me that feedback had the potential to be used unscrupulously by some buyers. I now only leave feedback after it is left for me - it is another level of insulation from fraud that you can give to yourself. Nobody likes to have problem buyers, but the fact is... you can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try. There will always be that potential buyer who will be gunning/threatening to give you a neg, and you have ask yourself what your level of tolerance will be when faced with that situation. Ask yourself, if a buyer contacts you one day and demands a refund for something they say is "not as described in the auction", when you know good and well that it was, are you willing to deal with the aggravation of that buyer threatening you with negative feedback if you don't comply? If you already gave him positive feedback after he paid, you've lost a bit of leverage.

Of course, this is all entirely my opinion, and your mileage may vary - there's really no "right way" to do it - it all depends on how much risk you're willing to accept.

Edit - If you want to see some of the fallout that can develop from this sort of thing, take a look at some of the threads on Seller Central. As a new seller, you can learn a lot there.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=143
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.