Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellers lack of feedback -"

quote:
Daddyo does have a point about safety and leverage, but think from a buyers perspective.

I have paid immediately, the transaction for the SELLER is completed, so they should leave feedback and not wait.

The argument, of course, is that the transaction isn't over.

What if the buyer is dissatisfied with the widget? What if the package never arrives? What if the package arrives and the USPS has destroyed it?

In any situation like that the buyer would obviously expect the seller to take care of the problems. But if the buyer has already considered the transaction to be over for the seller then how can they expect the seller to make good?

While this method does allow for the seller the possibility of leaving retaliatory feedback it's just not a good argument against it as retaliatory feedback goes both ways. Besides which, it's usually in the buyer's best interest to go to the seller first and try to get any problems worked out before they go and leave feedback of the sort that inspires retaliation.

It's more an issue of customer service. If, based on my service, packaging, listing, promptness, personal e-mails, etc., a buyer is still afraid that I might leave them false feedback, well, there's nothing I can do about that. All a seller can do is perform as professionally as possible and hope for the best.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.