Skip to main content

Reply to "Site is down"

The first report on this message board string about this current Auctiva website failure was posted at around 3p.m. PST on July 30.

... and now it's after 2:30 a.m.PST on July 31.

I'm documenting here that I just checked Auctiva.com & it's STILL down.

It's been down for almost 12 hours!

I just read Robert Green's statement (fully posted above).

JeffnJenny - yes, it IS time for Mr. Green to have updated us - but I checked the link that lookandbuyme posted & there are no further updates.

Meanwhile, the million + clients that Auctiva claims to "help" are in the same boat with shouldthisbeyours ... losing potential business, income, & credibility on eBay.

I cite this passage from Mr. Green's statement:
"We have redundant systems and very extensive processes that aim to minimize the risk of outages like this one, but no system is bulletproof.

We're doing everything in our power to restore the site ASAP, and we won't stop until that's been done."

So Auctiva has all those powerful systems & has been working to restore their website non-stop for almost 12 hours?

CLEARLY, the Auctiva website systems & processes are NOT bulletproof - I'm envisioning something more like a bullseye than something that was designed to be bulletproof.

And I'm envisioning Auctiva's management & tech teams as being more like Keystone Cops than professionals that we can count on to keep our data - or anything else - safe.

I'm wondering if Auctiva will offer its paying clients anything for the damages they are causing other than excuses & apologies & empty promises?

If anyone knows alternative websites to Auctiva that are easy to use, dependable & store data considerably longer than eBay does, PLEASE post the links here.

Thanks
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.