Skip to main content

Reply to "Solution to eBay problems & what other site(s) to move to"

I have been lurking the last few days here and I am just amazed about how much whinning over this whole issue. Folks it is time to wake up and be proactive not reactive. While I myself don't like all these changes it is still a cost of doing business, whether you like it or not feebay is still the powerhouse when it comes to delivering buyers.

I look at it this way, since I make my own items that I sell I can pay a sales rep 15% or I can pay ebay 8% while marketing to wholesale customer base directly and through wholesale shows. Ebay is far more cost effective in the long run.

Someone the paypal is making money off us hardworking stiffs by earning interest, come on it is time to wake up. Do you realise the he insurance companies make trillions in interest off your monthly payments. How about utility companies that sell your info to telemarketers and then offer you blocking software or service against them. Sounds like a bookies doesn't it. The banks are just as bad, they make their money off interest and the float between them and the federal reserve.

Folks the point is that what ebay is doing is no different than what any other business is doing. You can boycott all you want, but in the end you are hurting yourself and helping your competion.

The real answer is to embrace these changes and develope strategies for selling your products while meeting your customer needs and enhancing your bottom line. I have done this and my sell through rate is in the 80% range. I am also averaging a profit margin of 63% above cost. I am not working harder just smarter.

So just complain and boycott away, I just continue to list, make money, and take care of my customers.

Burly
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.