Skip to main content

Reply to "Suggestion For Auctiva - Fix it before you release it"

Isn't the other version still working? Why not just use it until Auctiva addresses all your concerns? I don't think they are going to can the old program, at least for awhile yet.

Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I LOVE beta testing software and I am NOT a computer expert by any means! Beta testing gives users the opportunity to have input into a final product. Think how well Checkout could have worked on Ebay if they had only beta tested it with their users and fixed the problems BEFORE releasing it?

I think Auctiva is being very thoughtful in taking almost 6 MONTHS to work on this program. They could have just thrown out version 1, stopped all support for the old program and pulled an Ebay on us!

I guess most of us that were beta testing began not to miss the Help files because we were all helping each other in the Manager Pro forum that went on for months.

I think another problem (for any software developer) is you have: people still using Windows 95, people using various version of 98, people using ME, people using XP, people using all types of Internet browser versions. What a nightmare that must be for programmers. Then people come here with problems, don't state what version of this program they are using, etc.

Try to give post all the particulars you can about a situation and hopefully someone else with the same configuration will be able to help out and it also gives Auctiva a better insight into your situation. Those questions are asked on a formal Auctiva support request, but here everyone just hollers .... *It ain't workin'!* Some cries for help by some posters are almost impossible to even determine what they are trying to do.

I've done Customer Support for an Internet company and believe me, getting information you need to complete the process is sometimes a difficult task! I had one customer trying to get connected who did not even know where the START button was on her computer taskbar! The better your input ... the better the output! Big Grin
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.