Skip to main content

Reply to "THE SHIPPING SCAM & Show It All. Please BRING IT ON ! Let's Talk I Want To Know..."

quote:
Originally posted by Direct2UWholesale:
Moonshawdow

I appreciate your responce. Long is good and what I asked for. I see where your coming from and you make some strong points. I'm only going to argue on one. A handeling fee is something a drop shipping company, or a trade assistant would charge. When you check out at Home Depot they don't add a 10 cent bag charge for each sack, or tack on a 1.00 cashier fee, or say "oh that box has some of our tape on it we need to charge you another $2.00 .50 cents for the tape and a $1.50 for the employess labor that applied it... Overhead fee's are figured in to the cost of business and added in to the price of the item before it ever makes it to the shelf. Same thing at the Flea-Market. eBay should not be different just because the item is on the web -vs-the shelf.

Any mail order company (which is essentially what we are when selling on eBay) charges a Shipping AND Handling fee, not actual postage. That's why you pay $3.95 per book when you order one online from a company instead of the $1.66 or whatever it would cost to send it media mail (which most of them do). Check out any online seller - order something from Sears or Penneys or whoever. A small handling fee is to be expected, is entirely honest and should not be objected to by any reasonable person. Spell out the fees in the listing and there is NO dishonesty unless the S & H fee is outrageously high in light of postage costs.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.