Skip to main content

Reply to "Time to get wet!"

Lemme tell ya something...

I'm a many generations Floridian and many more generationed Southerner.

And I can bet there's no other place in the US that can state their mosquito's are as big as horses and will swoop right in and snatch up up. <smile> Suck you dry of every bit of blood you have. <wink>

I can handle the bugs..wait, lemme rephrase that..there are enough menfolk in my life to take care of the bugs for me. EWWWW!

It's the continued months of heat and humidity as the years go by that I find depleting of me.

As a born and raised Fl woman, I know when I need to batten down the hatches and hunker down AND when to evacuate. THANK GOODNESS!

I still have friends in condo's because they're home is on a waiting list to be repaired or they're rebuilding. There are still blue tarps on roofs from last seasons set of hurricanes. I had FOUR hurricanes Cat 4 go right through my backyard. We drove back into my old neighborhood and found that an old, old oak tree that once stood in our front yard was uprooted and was through the roof and into my what was once my daughter's room. SCARY THOUGHT!

Speaking of tornado's...I had one last year after one of the hurricanes past that was within 1 mile of my house.

The big thing I can say is this..At least with hurricanes, we know their coming, we are completely prepared and ready. It's tornados and earthquakes that scare the bejesus out of me! No notice of when those suckers are coming.

Keep us in your thoughts for the next months!
And did I hear there's an evacuation party at your house Wevatexan? <smile>

Take care, Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.