Skip to main content

Reply to "Time to get wet!"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
Lemme tell ya something...The big thing I can say is this..At least with hurricanes, we know their coming, we are completely prepared and ready. It's tornados and earthquakes that scare the bejesus out of me! /QUOTE]

I live in the midwest (Nebraska) and Suthrnjewl is right, tornados can "just show up"....we have a bigggg siren down the street from us and when the weather is "threatening" they start to howl. Most of the tornados hit in rural areas and unless you have the radio or TV on, there is little warning. All you can do is watch the clouds and be prepared to take cover. A tornado can just drop out of the clouds, do it's damage and go back up into the clouds. After living here for 68 years, I can recognize the feel of the weather when there is a possibility for tornados....the sky takes on a yellowish look and things are spooky...birds are silent and the animals either mill around or huddle together.

A mega tornado hit Omaha in about 1975 and I still have memories of the damage it caused....and how scared I was for my family. It wiped some areas down to the ground. I always wondered what happened to the stoves, freezers, furniture, etc. that those homes had in them....you never read about a refrigerator landing in someone's yard....however, we did pick up office files and cancelled checks from several companies located miles from us.

What do you do when you have listings on EBAY or an auction site and you know your electricity may be out? What if you have a sale and can't contact the buyer?

Or, if you have an online store (vstore or ecrater for instance), and you plan to take a vacation for a week or so.

We'll keep you all in our prayers...

Tennis
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.