Skip to main content

Reply to "Tired of Ebay and all the FEES there is a better way. 0-2% FVF and 0 listing fees!"

eBay is getting out of hand. It has lost it core principles in trying to so-call "redefine" / "re-structure" them. No way to leave negative feedback is the most fustrating to me. It strikes at the core value of "making a safe haven for sellers and buyers" when you have no measuring stick based on past performances. I have had 6 "deadbeat" bids made in the last month; 12+ since the abolishing of negative feedback; before that in 2 years I may have had 4-5. Without the threat of negative feedback, there is no dafeguard to someone winning an auction and simply deciding not to pay or follow through on the transaction. Despite ebay simply giving you credit on setup fee, there is lost of time and effort on the seller to even make the listing and the waiting period / watching for the auction to end and the attempts to collect that are wasted emails and 20+ days to have eBay finally give you "pentances" to go away and forget the matter since there IS NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS. Sorry for the "soapbox"; but, the fees and their sorry attempts to draw more sellers is such a crock. They low front end fees and jack up final fees (in the 'guise' of flatlining fees) is a slap in the face to anyone's intelligence and I don't want to get started on the PAYPAL monster they have in their backpocket (that they are apparently about to bring to bear). I see the exclusion of all forms of payment except for PayPal as the final avenue to thoroughly line their pockets and a major threat to sellers. Mark this down, they will get more pressure from losing sellers that they will eventually bring dow both front end and final fees; but, the "monster" will rear its ugly head and raise its collection / money handling fees to offset and likely increase their revenue loss on the ebay side; after all, you have to "come by the monster" to get paid. So good luck to all entrepeneurs trying to imitate the success of auctioning on-line; your day will come.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.