I wanted to reach out to you all and let you know that we are making some adjustments to ensure all Auctiva links and tools are compliant with eBay's upcoming policy changes.
As you may have heard in eBay's Summer Seller Update, they’ll be changing their link policy this September. They also have explained that all item description images need to be HTTPS come October 1st.
Here's how we're helping to ensure your listings are compliant:
1. We're automatically updating all Auctiva credit links to ensure they're compliant. No work required on your part!
- For new listings, all Auctiva credit links now point to an eBay page and are 100% compliant with the new policy.
- For your already active and GTC listings, we will convert the Auctiva credit links to eBay compliant links, automatically.
2. The Scrolling Gallery is here to stay––but because of this policy change, the experience for your customers will be slightly different.
- Due to eBay’s new link policy, the Scrolling Gallery experience will be slightly different. It will continue to cross-promote your items and increase traffic to your listings. However, instead of taking the buyer directly to the individual listings, they will now be taken to a targeted search results page that only displays your listings. This will allow your listings to be compliant with eBay’s new policies and most importantly, you can still continue to promote other items in your store.
3. The supersized image page as you know it is going away but we are currently working on a replacement––so stay tuned.
- As a result of eBay’s new link policy, we can no longer link to the Auctiva supersized image page. We are looking into a solution to replace this feature, however there will be a period of time where “super size” isn’t available. In the meantime, we will remove all supersized image links for new and already active listings, so that all Auctiva links and features will be 100% compliant with eBay’s link policy.
4. Have you placed any non-eBay links of your own inside of your listings?
- If you’ve put links inside of your item descriptions that do not point to an eBay page, you may need to remove those links. Auctiva provides a powerful tool that can help you find and replace item description information for your active listings.
- Here’s how to remove a link from your item description:
- Go to your Active Listings Page.
- Select the listings you need to remove a link from, or select all.
- Click the “Bulk Revise” button.
- Select “Description” in the “Field” drop down menu.
- In the “Find this matching text” box, paste the link you want removed.
- In the “Replace with this text” box, put a link to your eBay store, or just replace the link with words.
- Click “Continue” and let the update complete.
5. HTTPS Auctiva images
- All new listings now contain HTTPS Auctiva images.
- For your already active listings, we will automatically update all Auctiva images to be HTTPS compliant.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support Team , they'll be glad to help.