Skip to main content

Reply to "what do I sell?"

quote:
Originally posted by StaceyW:
so how do you know if a wholesaler is a true wholesaler?? LOL I mean, if they say they are a wholesaler, and they ask for resale number...how much more "wholesaler" is that? haha
Well, that's a clue that theyre a wholesale Smile Believe it or not, i've seen many a 'wholesaler' that doesnt require a resale number (and thus theyre just pretending to be a wholesaler)

still, though, different wholesalers will charge wildly different prices for the same product. For example, there's a company i buy from that sells a particular ring for $5.60. I've seen the exact same ring, made by the exact same artist, at various wholesalers for as much as $22 !

Even something as simple as computer software, back when i used to sell that, i tried various wholesalers and some would be cheaper than others.

Also, watch out for buying in bulk from places that sell overstocks, returns, etc. Many a person has gotten burned buying that stuff. Dont get me wrong, there's some good buys out there in overstocks and closeouts, but since often it's been cherry picked, the good stuff is picked out, often it has damaged returns and damaged display units, etc.

As for niche vs. a little of everything. both work. my suggestion is a niche but be open to carrying other stuff when you find a great buy. But everyone has their own method to the madness Wink
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.