Skip to main content

Reply to "what do I sell?"

quote:
Originally posted by StaceyW:
I honestly don't see how anyone makes any money on ebay ...LOL
well, that's just it; many folks arent making any money and simply dont realize it. and many are losing money and dont realize it.

If you can buy it cheap enough you can sell it and make money. but many folks think buying for $20 and selling for $29 is making them $, when it's not.

two of my main competitors on ebay are doing just that. buying for $20 and selling for $29. Since I refuse to sell that cheap, my sales are very slow and my main product line is probably going to become a sideline, as far as ebay is concerned. Will still be main line on other venues, though. I've been hoping to stand out because of my customer service and better return policy (I allow 30 days and do full refund, competitors do 7 days and charge restocking fee and dont refund shipping), but so far it's hasnt happened. The true test will be this fall when retail sales pick up.

oh, regarding pennies on the dollar - If, for example, you can get it for 90% off retail, then youre paying 10-cents on the dollar. Different people will say different things as to just how much 'pennies on the dollar' is. Some would say that 10-cents on the dollar is pennies on the dollar, others would say, no, pennies on the dollar is even less than that. But simply put, if you can get it cheap enough then youre getting a great deal and can make some good $.
Last edited by wayoutwest
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.