Skip to main content

Reply to "what do I sell?"

quote:
so basically "cents on the dollar" just means about 10 cents or less. Wow. I never see stuff like that that anyone would want.
yes and no. can be 20-cents or so also. it's really subjective. But, like my grandfather used to say, "you make your money when you buy" in other words, you can sell most anything for a profit if you can buy it cheap enough, but if you pay too much, you're screwed.

quote:
so, when you see something you think you can sell. do you do research before you buy it? what if you are far from home when you see it? would you pass it up if you couldn't research first?
sometimes yes, sometimes you just gotta go with your gut and hope for the best. Kinda like gambling *laf* I've gotten some great deals by going with my gut and I've gotten screwed a few times. Another reason, though, to try to go with what you know, or at least can reasonably predict.

But, at the same time, I know a person that has a good eye and has gotten several bargains that she's turned around and sold for a pretty penny. One example, a wood dish that she bought for something like $1. I forget the exact selling price but seems like was around $200 or so. Another time she saw antique guitar that she paid something like $50 or $60 for, sold it for something like $2,000. She had no clue what she was looking at, at first, then got home, looked it up, ran back and snatched it.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.