Skip to main content

Reply to "WHY DO PEOPLE BID?"

That's a difficult question(s) to answer.

Some things to consider:

Timing - Most people will probably tell you that the best time to end an auction is on Sunday evenings. Generally, I find that to be the case for what I sell. Different products may do well to end at different times. It all depends on the target audience.

HOW you're selling something is just as important as WHAT you're selling. Just because a competitor has the same or similar product, doesn't mean that yours will automatically sell as well as his.

Some things to consider: He may have a well-established pool of repeat customers. How does his feedback/feedback score compare to yours? Is his shipping price lower than yours? Is his description written more professionally than yours? Do his pictures look better? Compare your terms-of-service to his: Are his written in a more "customer-friendly" tone? Are his terms more reasonable (from a customer's viewpoint)? Does he have a return policy? Do you? Try to look at your ads objectively compared to his. If you were a customer, would you rather buy from him, or from you, and WHY?

Have you considered putting some of your items out at a fixed price (i.e. Buy It Now)? Many customers will be willing to buy a fixed priced item at say, $179, when the same item is available as an auction with a starting price of $149. Some customers simply don't want to wait for an auction to end, or compete with other bidders, and they're willing to pay a little bit more for that privilege.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.