Skip to main content

Reply to "Woohoo! First ever sale!"

Well that, as we say over here, is sod's law! I am no longer a happy bunny Mad

After several chaser notes, I got this today:

i am really sorry for mistake but i asked my freind to bet for me and he bet the wrong item and that was your item, i am really so sorry for any inconvenient. thanks.

Aaarrgh! This was my response, which I think is pretty fair:

thanks for your response. That's very disappointing, this is one reason why my listings state that bidders with less than 10 feedback should contact me first, as I recognise that new ebay members may not yet be fully aware of all their obligations. ebay's Unpaid Item Policy is quite clear (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/unpaid-item.html), you have entered into a contract by bidding and winning the item. I can file an Unpaid item report, and recover the Final Value fee, but you will end up with an Unpaid Strike record on your account, which you may want to avoid. So, before I do that, may I suggest you consider going through with the transaction, and then, if you do not want to keep the item, you list it yourself and sell it? That way you will also be able to gain some more positive feedback, both from me as a seller, and another from the next buyer. The item did have a lot of interest, there were actually 4 seperate bidders, and the price went up from £14.99 to £51, so I doubt you would have any problem moving the item on. I would even be happy to guide you through the selling process if you wish, and allow you to copy my original listing information and photographs.

Let me know what you think, preferably today if possible, so I know whether I need to file the Unpaid Item report. Many thanks.

I know I can drop back to offer a second chance to the second highest bidder, but frankly I could have done without this hassle on my first listing! Roll Eyes
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.