Skip to main content

Reply to "Would it be legal to ..."

Hi and thanks for your reply. The amount of work involved in contacting each record company and or trying to track down the original graphic artist would be a mammoth task, which would basically be for a one off canvas each time.
I was hoping that similar to music, you would be allowed to make a one off copy for your own use, similar to backing up a CD or tape, as long as you didn't make it commercially available.
The legal complexities of copyright, make it a potential minefield, too much for an individual to take on a multi-million pound company.
As I stated in the original posting, this would only be done for producing canvasses for the sleeve owner and not for commercial production.
I have many records in my collection which have superb artwork, a lot of these records I only purchased (second hand mainly) purely for the sleeve. I assume I can produce prints of these for my own use with very little chance of being prosecuted. But offering a similar service to other people via Ebay could possibly leave me open to severe penalties?
Once again, thanks for your reply.
Regards
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.