Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. The behavior you are describing is due to a technical issue that we are currently dealing with which is causing many image upload attempts to fail for many of our users, primarily effecting images over 1 MB in size. Therefore, the first thing I recommend doing is checking the sizes of your images to make sure they are smaller than 1 MB in size.

You can check the size of any of your image files by right-clicking the files and selecting the "Properties" option. If you find that they are larger than 1 MB, you will have to resize them to less than 1 MB before you will be able to upload them successfully. If you are using a digital camera to take your photos, I recommend reducing the resolution in your digital camera picture configuration.

In some cases that have been brought to our attention, even images that are smaller than 1 MB in size are failing to upload as well. We are going to be adding some new image uploaders to our site which we believe will alleviate this problem as soon as possible, most likely by Tuesday July 8th. In the mean time, when you are having trouble uploading images, you may want to try the following measure, which may allow you to upload successfully:

1) Log out of your Auctiva account and close your browser. Then, re-open your browser, log-in to your Auctiva account and try uploading your images once again. This may cause to land on a web server that is less inclined to produce these uploading errors.
2) Decrease the size of your images further and then try uploading them again. If you going to give this a shot, I recommend reducing the sizes of your images by about 50 % at a time until you are able to upload them successfully.
3) Try again later. These problems tend to come to the surface during times of the day when our traffic is heaviest so you may have better luck uploading your images at night or early in the morning.

If you are still unable to upload your images after trying all of the above measure, you may have to wait until we get the new uploaders installed before you will be able to upload your images into your Auctiva account once again.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
Mike,

If you are running Microsoft XP, there is a way to resize using plain old MS PAINT, which is bundled with XP.

Load the image to Paint, and look under the drop-down list for "Image" on the toolbar. You'll see two functions on the list that are needed to rework the image: Attributes and Stretch/Skew. You can use the Attributes panel to check the current size of an image in Width and Height. Auctiva resizes and stores the image to a maximum of 1024 x 768 (Landscape). Example: a relatively square image of 2048 x 2048 when reduced would be 768 x 768 (limited by the max. 768 height). Knowing the restriction, you can make a percent guess-timate of about how much reduction is needed. My 2048 x 2048 example would require about 38% (768/2048) of original. Go to the Stretch/Skew panel. There you'll see a Horitontal and Vertical Stretch percentage. If you use the same percent for reduction for both dimensions, it should maintain the aspect ratio of the image while doing the proportional reduction necessary. In my prior example, I'd use 38% for each or slightly more to keep the image at or slightly above the restriction. If you make the change, go back to Attributes to check the result and you can also see if you are under the 1MB xfer limit (current problem). If it's too much reduction, use Edit - Undo, and try again with a larger percentage.

Hope that idea helps. The best things in life are free......especially Auctiva. Wink

Danno
Last edited by danno
Hi Community,

We were previously planning on having our new image uploaders installed and released on today but, unfortunately, we are having some problems getting the appropriate licenses from the third party we are purchasing the uploaders from, so it the installation of these uploaders is going to need to be pushed back a bit.

I don't have a clear idea when we're going to be able to get the license situation straightened out, as a lot of it has to do with how quickly they get back to us but, at this point, it appears we won't be able to get these new uploaders added to the Auctiva website until sometime next week.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
The one poster is absolutely correct. The image uploading issue has nothing to do with a larger size. I'm loading images that are 375 KB and they aren't working. I've tried the drag and drop, I've tried the one at a time method. I've tried everything. I'm trying to get an ebay business off the ground, I'm a mom and have VERY limited time. I'm finding this problem more and more. It's EXTREMELY frustrating. I LOVE Auctiva. I love what it has and is allowing me to do on ebay, however the unreliable nature of late is presenting me with HUGE problems and waisting TONS of my time. I just don't know what to do. I have 2 hours of time and only 2 hours of time to work on my business and I'm sitting her twiddling my thumbs because I can't upload.
quote:
Originally posted by girlofthepuddle:
The one poster is absolutely correct. The image uploading issue has nothing to do with a larger size. I'm loading images that are 375 KB and they aren't working. I've tried the drag and drop, I've tried the one at a time method. I've tried everything. I'm trying to get an ebay business off the ground, I'm a mom and have VERY limited time. I'm finding this problem more and more. It's EXTREMELY frustrating. I LOVE Auctiva. I love what it has and is allowing me to do on ebay, however the unreliable nature of late is presenting me with HUGE problems and waisting TONS of my time. I just don't know what to do. I have 2 hours of time and only 2 hours of time to work on my business and I'm sitting her twiddling my thumbs because I can't upload.

I also have wasted hours today trying to upload my imaqes. I upload virtually every day without problems, but today...WELL!! I have changed nothing in my methods so it must be down to AUCTIVA. Anyone else suffering the same problem? I am in the U.K.
quote:
Originally posted by girlofthepuddle:
Hide Post
Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. The behavior you are describing is due to a technical issue that we are currently dealing with which is causing many image upload attempts to fail for many of our users, primarily effecting images over 1 MB in size. Therefore, the first thing I recommend doing is checking the sizes of your images to make sure they are smaller than 1 MB in size.

You can check the size of any of your image files by right-clicking the files and selecting the "Properties" option. If you find that they are larger than 1 MB, you will have to resize them to less than 1 MB before you will be able to upload them successfully. If you are using a digital camera to take your photos, I recommend reducing the resolution in your digital camera picture configuration.

In some cases that have been brought to our attention, even images that are smaller than 1 MB in size are failing to upload as well. We are going to be adding some new image uploaders to our site which we believe will alleviate this problem as soon as possible, most likely by Tuesday July 8th. In the mean time, when you are having trouble uploading images, you may want to try the following measure, which may allow you to upload successfully:

1) Log out of your Auctiva account and close your browser. Then, re-open your browser, log-in to your Auctiva account and try uploading your images once again. This may cause to land on a web server that is less inclined to produce these uploading errors.
2) Decrease the size of your images further and then try uploading them again. If you going to give this a shot, I recommend reducing the sizes of your images by about 50 % at a time until you are able to upload them successfully.
3) Try again later. These problems tend to come to the surface during times of the day when our traffic is heaviest so you may have better luck uploading your images at night or early in the morning.

If you are still unable to upload your images after trying all of the above measure, you may have to wait until we get the new uploaders installed before you will be able to upload your images into your Auctiva account once again.

I reduced the size of my photos as instructed and have been having no problems. Uploaded 205 pics yesterday 30 at a time with drag and drop. Takes awhile to change the size of each one but they have been uploading. One can only try. Chuck
I'm having the same problem... photos are not uploading today. They uploaded the last time I used it which was Thursday last just fine. It is not size because all my photos are well under 1 meg. I don't get an "Over size limit" error message. It simply states that not all my photos were uploaded. When I check my images, NONE have been uploaded. This has happened a few times in the past and seems to remarkably start working again after a few hours. It is not my photos, there is something wrong with Auctiva system. I've tried every possible way to upload and I get the same error message. I love Auctiva too but, this always happends to me when I've got tons of photos to upload because I've just written several auctions and want to get them all listed within a certain time frame. I've even tried uploading them one at a time but, nothing works!! AUCTIVA SUPPORT... PLEASE HELP US!!!
This has been happening to me the last couple of days too! So what I've been able to do is just type all my copy in place and save the listing. The next day I pull up the saved listing and it seems to upload all the pictures fine. This seems to be an intermitten problem with Auctiva lately. It does work when you log out & close your browser, then open it & log in again. Hope this helps! Melody
Well, photos were not uploading yesterday around 5:00pm but, started working around 7:30pm. Today around 4:00pm I tried to upload my photos and it's not working again! It's now 8:13pm and still nothing... I've tried absolutely everything... Restarted computer and Explorer, signed out and back in Auctiva, tried all three upload options, tried uploading one at a time, resized photos, (even though they are well under 1meg), Even tried basic uploader with Mozilla FireFox and absolutely Nothing works!! Always get the same error message.... "Errors occured while uploading your files. Not all files have been uploaded." AUCTIVA TECH... PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM... PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!
Hello again....
I've been using the same digital camera with the very same settings, making the very same size photos, (well under 1 meg) and uploading photos with Auctiva "Drop & Drag" uploader for nearly two years without much problem until this last week. My question is this... Why should I have to change my Camera settings, Edit photos, leave room for cropping, resize photos, log out, log in, Close & restart Explorer etc., etc., etc., when it worked fine in the past? I'm not doing anything differently than I was last week or last year and if it worked then, it should work now.... Shouldn't it? I filed issue with customer support yesterday but, haven't heard anything as yet. I have dearly loved using Auctiva and hope this issue is fixed soon. I just can't see spending hours redoing everything and hoping it works when it wasn't necessary before with the very same setup & upload tools... it's just not practical for me since I already spend untold hours working in Auctiva writing descriptions, editing seller details to stay current, etc., etc. Anyone out there who feels the same way or am I crazy??? THANKS!
JLee,

I feel the same. This is FREE. No disrespect intended. You get what you pay for. I have been in and out of Auctiva for several years and have had to sign up at pay sites from time to time while Auctiva works out their latest glitch. It seems to take several weeks for them to work out a glitch like this. If you look at the postings in the "Image" section you will see issues listed back to early May.

My suggestion would be to check out one of the lesser expensive pay sites for about a month while Auctiva works this out and then check back. I know that you have to spend money on the pay site but you have more leverage to get attention from Customer Service and the owner of the site tends to be much more responsive when money is involved.

These glitches are also why I will never enroll in Auctiva's pay site. I have very little faith that they manage that site any better than this one. For free it isn't too bad if you take the outages with a grain of salt and know that you better have a plan B in place to make up for the lack of compatence displayed here.

Sorry Auctiva, but facts are facts. It really doesn't matter if your free if you don't work. Free and nonfunctional is the same as not at all.

I'll be back when they start to work again and until I'll go else where. I suggest everyone get a plan B in plsce and not bother with complaints. It really doen't seem to make a difference. Auctiva will fix this in their own time and until we are at their mercy. Take control and set yourself up with a second site and expect you will need to keep that active about 25% of the year. Not bad, 75% free and 25% pay. Still a pretty good deal.
Hi Community,

Update - We are still aware of an issue that is causing certain customers to be unable to upload images that they would have been able to upload before, which has come to the surface as a result of our recent growth. Our technical team is currently working to install some new image uploaders to resolve this problem and, at this point, it appears we'll be able to get those installed early next week.

The main factors that contribute to these failures are image size and traffic on our uploading service so, in the mean time, when you are having trouble uploading images, you may want to try the following measure, which may allow you to upload successfully:

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - I am pleased to report that we just released a new bulk uploader today that should alleviate the problems many customers have been having uploading images, especially larger ones, over the past few weeks. You can access this new uploader by clicking the "Upload Images" link under the "Images" tab within your account and then selecting "Auctiva Uploader".

If you have any trouble with this new uploader, please contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page of our site:
http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.