Skip to main content

I have buyers who often purchased more than one item from me. When that happened, I used to send them a combined shipping invoice and they would pay once. Now it seems, they purchase one item and are immediately routed to Paypal. I end up refunding shipping overpayment on Paypal I don't use eBay's checkout and am wondering if I should. Would that interfere with my Auctiva Checkout Profile?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Since you are selling on ebay you are using their checkout (even if it doesn't seem that way). I was having the same situation as you...Here's what worked:

First go into ebay and use bulk edit to add a combined shipping rate to all your listings (it was way easier than I expected it to be)

Then go into your Auctiva listings under the shipping tab you will now have an option to check that will add your ebay combined shipping rules to your listing.

So NOW when someone buys more than one item they will automatically get combined shipping.

I always required immediate payment with my Buy it Now listings, but I have heard in some categories ebay is actually adding that themselves, even if the seller didn't want it. I have had no problems using the combined shipping, but you HAVE to change everything in ebay first or you won't have an option in Auctiva.
Hi 2librans,

I just have one thing to add to member_8880's suggestion.

Once you have set up your combined shipping rule(s) within your eBay account, which you can learn more about by clicking the link below, you will need to import the new option into your Auctiva account by mousing over the "My Account" tab within your account, selecting the "eBay" option under "Settings" and then clicking the "Update Combined Shipping Discounts from eBay" button.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay...pping-discounts.html

I hope this helps!

-Mike
Thank you for your informative response. Since I posted the question, I had a conversation with an eBay customer support rep and I think we may have figured it out. I set up combined shipping and he assured me I would be able send an invoice, with an adjusted shipping discount. Now, as they say, "the proof is in the pudding". We shall see, the solution almost seems too simple!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.