Skip to main content

Hi RPDC,

I'm sorry to hear about your continue difficulties. As I mentioned in one of my previous replies, we are aware of an issue with the new Auctiva uploader that is causing the behavior you have described to occur for certain Mac users and we are working to implement an update to the uploader that will resolve the issue.

The company we licensed the uploader from has indicated that an update is available that should address the issue and our technical team is working to integrate that update into our site as soon as possible.

Although there are still some unknowns we need to work through at this point, I believe there is a good chance we will be able to get this update in place at some point next week. I'll keep you posted through this thread as any additional information becomes available.

-Mike
Hi RPDC,

We will not be offering account credits associated with the update to the uploader, but this particular issue is specific to the Firefox web browser on the Mac systems that are impacted so you should be able to work around the issue by using Safari for the time being.

Alternatively, as I touched on earlier, you can also continue to access the previous version of the uploader by logging into your account and entering http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx into the Address bar of your browser if you would prefer.

Although accessing the previous version of the uploader in this manner will not allow you to use it when uploading from the lister page, it should allow you to upload images into your Auctiva account so they can then be selected from your Auctiva image archive while creating your listings.

If you are unable to use either of these options successfully, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab and we will do our best to help you out.

-Mike
Thank goodness this Community Forum gave me the answer I needed - someone suggested Safari for Mac users and that works, hooray!
I am compelled to add that the ONLY reason I have Firefox at all is because of an earlier problem with the Auctiva uploader. Safari was incompatible so I had to use Firefox.
It would've been nice if Auctiva told us they were changing the uploader and perhaps posted their "solutions" so we didn't lose so much valuable time fighting with it.
When I use the Auctiva up-load, it will upload one or some of the pictures, rarely all of them. Then when I check it out on eBay, sometimes no pics show up so then I have to go in and upload the pics to eBay. And how do we tell when and if the pics have been uploaded? There was a list in the old version that let you know if you were successful. But this!!!? I had 5 photos to upload and it took 4 times to get them all. Hating all this as my time is valuable. You too?
Almost 2 weeks and no resolution. I'm so frustrated. Yes I can use the old uploader but it's a pain in the neck when listing. I use Auctiva to save time not add additional burdens to the already cumbersome eBay listing process.

I have enjoyed using Auctiva up until now. I've been patient with this latest glitch but time is money. I don't want to, but I am going to start looking into other listing services that better support MAC users. Picture loading and hosting is too vital to my work to continue wasting my time going back and forth using the old picture uploader. I don't want to leave. I would rather you fix this! Hope you guys get this resolved in the next day or 2.
I realise I am quite fortunate in that the new uploader is actually working for me. Perhaps I shouldn't complain. But, why when something needs improving, must we lose the good aspects. For me, this system is very slow, compared to the old uploader. I used to highlight all the pics I wanted, then click upload. Job done. Now, I have to go through clicking on each picture. Not major, but slower and very irritating when we're all trying to speed up the listing process. Auctiva is usually very good at listening, so ... I'm hoping!
Hi grannie on ebay,

Fortunately, you should actually still be able to highlight multiple consecutive images so they can then be selected through the new version of the uploader, but the exact process you need to use is a bit different than the previous one.

In order to select a series of images, you will first need to highlight the first image by clicking the area surrounding the image (not the checkbox) and it will become highlighted. Then, you can highlight the rest by holding the CTRL and SHIFT keys and selecting the last image in the series in the same manner.

Once the series of images has been highlighted, you should be able to select all of them by clicking the box displayed to the upper left of any of highlighted images.

-Mike
Hi Community,

As you may have read about through the Info message posted on our site, we just released another update to the Auctiva Uploader earlier today. Although you should not notice and major changes to the look and feel of the uploader as a result of this update, it includes some adjustments which we hope will resolve some of the issues you have reported.

Although we were previously under the impression this new version would completely eliminate the issue which has been causing the uploader to freeze when the “Upload” button it clicked, we are still seeing that behavior intermittently in testing so an additional update may be required to completely address that problem.

I will continue to keep you posted through this thread as any new information on that issue becomes available. If you notice any significant changes that arise as a result of this latest update, please don't hesitate to let us know.

-Mike
Hi member_8880,

I am unable to see the screen shot you mentioned using the provided link, but I just replied to you about the warnings you have reported through the support case you had opened on the subject. We can continue to communicate through that case if you need further assistance with this.

2librans,

I'm sorry to hear that you have started to encounter difficulties when uploading your images over the past hour, but I am not aware of any changes that have taken place on our side of things this morning that would account for that sudden change in behavior.

If you continue to have trouble uploading your images, please file a support case from under the "Help" tab within your account and we will do our best to help you out with that.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We have just released an update to the latest version of the Auctiva Uploader which we believe jhas resolved the issue which was causing the "Upload" button to freeze for many Mac users. In addition, we made a couple adjustments to alleviate (or minimize) the generic “contact web master” errors that have been coming up during the upload process at times.

If you encounter any further difficulties with the uploader, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will do our best to work through any remaining issues with you.

-Mike
It's now Sept 29th., & still the pictures do not download properly. I've written in for help and have tried everything they have suggested, to no avail.
Right now, the only thing that will work is the URL-work-around they posted. I have to have 2 windows open at the same time and go back and forth between the two, as you can't download more than several photos that will load into their saved photos folders.
This is a bunch of crock! It worked before the upload so why not get us all back up and running. I also have Windows 7 with IE 9, but Google is no better as I've tried that also.
everything was fine. I somehow followed directions to get to the old uploader and have been using that since this latest image problem. today, it wants me to install the new uploader which I don't really want to do since Id like to just do my work rather than installing something that is problematic. How do I get to keep using the old auctiva uploader at least for now.
A couple of days ago I had to update Java to get the uploader to work. I had contacted support and was told about a Java update that was likely the culprit to the issues I was having with the uploader and seeing a security warning message.

They also mentioned that I may need to restart my computer after the update and clearing my cache, but the update seemed to fix the issue for me, so no restart needed.

Hope that helps anyone else having image uploading issues!
itsjustme...I have been getting the same thing since this fiasco started. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to install Java before it would let me continue (over and over and over). Got rid of all old outdated Java and cookies but it doesn't seem to matter..I still have to sidestep the security warnings. I don't think there is a fix for this...I feel like I have tried everything, things I thought of myself and things support suggested, yet I'm still running into this Frown
Hi itsjustme & member_8880,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. Unfortunately, since the latest version of Java was released, it appears Java is displaying a prompt entitled “Allow access to the following application from this web site?” each time the uploader is loaded and that users must click the provided “Allow” button in order to proceed.

I am not sure whether we will be able to do anything from our side of things to prevent this from being necessary but we are looking into that possibility and I will be sure to keep you posted on any new information that becomes available on that front.

We certainly understand that the extra clicks required with each upload can really add up over time and will do our best to eliminate that requirement if at all possible.

-Mike
I am a Mac user. Several of my active listings on Ebay have lost the pictures I inserted when I created and saved the listings. I have tried uploading again and "add images" to the active listings and still no pictures, other than the gallery picture. I have uploaded them again to Auctiva and still nothing works to get them back in the active listings. What else can I do?
I am also an iMac user and using Safari. I can deal with the warning messages, etc. But, every since last night I go to upload an image and the uploader stops and never finishes uploading. So I go back to my listing to see if maybe the picture did upload anyway, even though the uploaded progress window was still stuck open, and the window that comes up when you click "Select Image" is blank and never loads.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.