Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi itsjustme,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our image uploading service which are likely responsible for the behavior you have described and our technical team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I am not certain when we will be able to resolve the issue at the moment, but I will follow up with you again through this case once the issue has been addressed or any other related information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing!

-Mike
Hi itsjustme & kimmie,

We have just made an adjustment intended to resolve this issue, so hopefully you will now be able to upload images successfully once again at this point in time. If you encounter any further difficulties of this nature moving forward, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will look into things further if need be.

-Mike
Hi Mike. Thank you. Just to verify...I can download pictures individually, but not in bulk. I can highlight the pictures and they do drop down, but when I press the "download" key, it highlights, but nothing happens. That's where it freezes and I have to exit from Auctiva to get to the homepage. Thanks for any help, as I have hundreds of pictures to download.
Hi Honest,

I appreciate the clarification. Can you please confirm whether you are still encountering this issue? We just made a change a little while ago intended to address a similar issue that cropped up following the release of Java 7 Update 51 earlier today and I am curious whether that change may have resolved the issue you have described as well.

-Mike
quote:
The system will allow me to upload images successfully (or so it would seem) ..I get the 'upload completed' message but when I go to my images tab...no photos/images have uploaded. It seems to go through all the steps but then no photos are there. Help please.

same here I had some relists due to ebays stupid pic size requirement policy that I had to take new pics & cant get the relists done done
Hi Community,

I'm sorry to hear that some of your are still having a difficult time uploading images.

The issue of the Auctiva Uploader quickly showing the green “Upload Complete” message while not actually uploading the selected images in Firefox and Chrome cropped up yesterday after the latest Java update (version 7 update 51), but we made an adjustment yesterday afternoon intended to correct that issue so I am surprised this is still occurring.

If you are experiencing this behavior and have not yet updated to the latest version of Java, I recommend doing so to see if that clears things up. You can confirm whether you are using the latest version of Java (and update if appropriate) from the following page: https://www.java.com/verify/‎

If you are already using the latest version of Java, or if you continue to encounter the same behavior after updating, please let me know. In that case, I believe you will be able to work around the issue by updating your Java security settings in the following manner:

Windows:

1) Open the Windows “Start” menu and select “All Programs”
2) Click the “Java” folder and then select “Configure Java”
3) Click the “Security” tab
4) Use the slider to set the “Security Level” to “Medium”
5) Click the “Apply” button, followed by “OK”
6) Close and reopen your browser to ensure the new settings take effect

Mac:

1) Select “System Preferences” from the “Apple” menu
2) Click “Java” in the “Other” section on the ensuing page
3) Click the “Security” tab
4) Use the slider to set the “Security Level” to “Medium”
5) Click the “Apply” button, followed by “OK”
6) Close and reopen your browser to ensure the new settings take effect

On the other hand, some users are also reporting that error messages which say “Some server-side error occurred. If you see this message contact your Web master.” are being generated during the upload process and, although we are not quite sure what is causing those, our technical team is looking into what we may be able to prevent those from continuing to occur.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
quote:
On the other hands, some users are also reporting that error messages which say “Some server-side error occurred. If you see this message contact your Web master.” are being generated during the upload process and, although we are not quite sure what is causing those, our technical team is looking into what we may be able to prevent those from continuing to occur.

Oh I saw that message at least once too
Hello, it's 8:40am in NY/NJ and I am not able to upload images. When I use the Safari web browser, I get the following error message, “Some server-side error occurred. If you see this message contact your Web master.” When I use the Firefox browser, the upload tool freezes and locks. This has been happening since yesterday night. Please let me know what I can do to resolve this problem so that I can list more items. Thank you!
Hi PinkFlower,

Although we have been receiving some reports similar to your recently, we have not been able to find anything amiss on our end that would account for these issues.

In most cases, users encountering difficulties of this nature have been able to resolve them by updating to the latest version of Java which was released yesterday or updating their Java security settings as I described in my previous reply to this thread.

I see that you filed a support case on this topic earlier this morning and were given similar suggestions. If you are still unable to upload successfully after trying those measures, please write back to us through that case and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Geez I just typed out a long support request but it didn't go through. I'm not expecting a fix because it's already been months so I'm pretty sure there isn't one, but I wanted to let Auctiva tech guys know I am on the list of folks with uploader problems....tonight I've been getting the 'contact web master' error, first time for that Frown

EDIT - There's also a thread about Java on Ebay's Seller Central board
http://community.ebay.com/t5/S...p/19101201#U19101201
Last edited by member8880

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.