Skip to main content

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, browsers no longer support flash. As a result, the old version of our Scrolling Gallery shows an Adobe Flash warning message.

But don’t worry; we have a fix! You can enable our new Modern Scrolling Gallery in your "Account Preference" page. This updated version uses HTML5, which eliminates the warning, adds a cleaner look to your listings and is mobile friendly.

Once enabled, the Modern Scrolling Gallery will display on all your new listings. If you’d like to add it to your already active listings as well, please contact our Customer Support Team, and they can do that for you.

In the near future we’ll standardize our scrolling gallery to only offer the the modern version.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'll be glad to help!

Sincerely,
Natasha

Product Manager

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello again,

For those of you who are not yet using the Modern Scrolling Gallery I’d like to give you all a heads up on an upcoming software release as we’ll be standardizing this feature so all accounts are upgraded to the new version.

With the Modern Scrolling Gallery you’ll still have the ability to customize it with unique settings such as color, placement and the text that it displays. In addition, the Modern Scrolling Gallery is designed with HTML5 software which is mobile friendly and creates a better shopping experience for your mobile customers.

All active listings will still have the original gallery that was posted with it, but in the near future we’ll be upgrading those listings to contain the new Modern Scrolling Gallery as well.

I hope you’re all have a great day, and if you have any questions or comments about this please feel free to let me know and I’ll be glad to help out.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Hello Auctiva Community,

I'm happy to announce the mobile-responsive and active content-free Scrolling Gallery is now available!

Complete with customizable settings, this Scrolling Gallery allows you to promote your brand and increase traffic to your listings all at once. This new design also ensures you can continue cross-promoting your listings as always, even when eBay’s Active Content Policy takes effect.

How You'll Benefit:

• Increase brand awareness by customizing the text, color and style.
  • Attract more mobile shoppers with the responsive design.
  • It's compliant with all eBay policies including the upcoming policy.
  • You'll experience a smooth transition–current Scrolling Gallery settings and customization's will be transferred and upheld in the new design.

How Do I Use It?

• To automatically apply the Scrolling Gallery to all listings, ensure the "Append Auctiva Scrolling Gallery to my listings" preference is set to "Yes."
  • Then, customize the Scrolling Gallery to your liking.
  • You're set! All new listings posted to eBay will now contain the new Scrolling Gallery.

What If I Have Listings That Contain the Old Scrolling Gallery?
Don't worry, we are here to help with that. In the near future we will begin to update the Scrolling Gallery within active listings automatically, so that you don't have to spend hours making manual revisions. Here's what to expect:

• Any listing eligible for revision and containing an older version of the Auctiva Scrolling Gallery will automatically be updated to the new version.
  • The old Auctiva Scrolling Gallery code will be deleted from the listing, and the new, active content-free version will take its place.
  • All customized Scrolling Gallery settings will be upheld in the new version to ensure a smooth transition.
  • Once all Scrolling Galleries have been processed, you will receive an Auctiva Account Message where you’ll be able to confirm the results of each update.

Please Note:

• To receive automatic Scrolling Gallery updates, verify you have a valid eBay token in your Auctiva account and we’ll take care of the rest.
  • We have millions of Scrolling Galleries to update, so this process may require a little extra time to complete. Once the update has completed, you will receive an Auctiva Account Message (located on the “Account Dashboard” page) where you'll be able to verify the results of the update.
  • If a Scrolling Gallery cannot be updated due to eBay’s listing revision restrictions, you will receive an informative Auctiva Notification for that particular listing.

If there are any questions please contact us anytime, or read our FAQs.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Last edited by Auctiva Natasha

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.