Skip to main content

So I have created a custom template or 2. Trying to get this working. Can't figure out how to get the template to insert the image for a listing. I want to use the same template for all my listings, but no matter what I try, I can't get any image to show in template. What am I missing/doing wrong? FAQ's for this seem to be outdated.
Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello wholesaleheaters -

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with custom templates.

There are a few things that can cause issues with images displaying in a template.

When you are customizing one of our templates, you need to select the maximum number of images you wish to include in that template when you are initially selecting a template to customize. If you are adding an entirely custom template, you must select the appropriate number of image links from the template editor to have the correct image tags added to the template to be able to use the image selector on the listing creation page.

Then, when you are selecting images on the listing selection page, please be sure that you are selecting images in the first section of the lister (Auctiva Image Selection), if you only have an image in the Header/Gallery area, that is the only area where an image will be displayed. Also note that if you have the checkbox selected for Optional eBay Gallery images and have images in that section of the lister, these will show as alternates to your primary image on eBay and not in the actual body of the listing.

So, if you have not set the custom template up appropriately or have not selected images appropriately on the listing creation page, they will not show in the body of your description.

If you review your listings and these things seem appropriate to you and the images are still not appearing in the description area of the listing, please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know a listing where you have run into difficulty as well as which custom template you are using and our support team will be happy to assist you further.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.