Skip to main content

Because of the recent changes with US and Int shipping by CP and their removal of insurance for these methods I am wanting to insure thru Auctiva now.My question is if I use Paypal labels is this still possible? From what I understand Auctiva shipping requires proof of acceptance at the post office in the case of a claim? Do I have to now take my packages to the po and use their labels and have them stamp the back for this proof of acceptance? Or is there a way to still keep using PP labels? Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi kashka,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. Although it is true that a package must "have verified acceptance of your package for mailing" to be covered by an Auctiva shipping insurance policy, you actually do not need to visit the Post Office in person to ship your packages to insure them through Auctiva.

That statement in our shipping insurance Terms & Conditions basically just means that a package would not be covered if it was never scanned by the shipping carrier, which would generally indicate that the package was not received by the carrier and therefore was never shipped.

You should still be able to print your shipping labels through Paypal and mail your packages in the same manner as before when using Auctiva shipping insurance. As soon as USPS (or whatever carrier you may be using) scans the label, the condition of “acceptance” will be met.

I hope this helps clear things up. If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Hello..thanks for responding! Now I know what you both mean but what i am still unclear of is..do I need physical proof such as a receipt or something that the packages have been scanned?..Currently what I do now is make my labels in PP..go to the PO..say hi to the ladies behind the wicket..drop my packages off and leave.I suppose they scan them at some point in the day but how do I know this and if in the event of a claim..how do I prove it? I apologise for all the questions but I just need to know..in the event of a claim..Smile
My postal facility gave me MAJOR GRIEF NUMEROUS times about scanning packages. They do not want to do it..period!! Their words to me were "you are a non-revenue producing customer so we will not scan your packages". "We received an email telling us not to scan them unless a product in our facility was purchased." (should have bought 2 cent stamp). I said, great give me a copy of that email and I will fix this for you, so there will be no confusion on who said/wrote what. (they of course, could not give something they did not have) I assured them that I was, in fact, a revenue producing customer and asked them to be scanned (nicely again). Refused!! I have used this facility for years and one clerk ruled all the women there, (the men did their jobs)! I got supervisor (who wanted to argue it a little more.) At time I was only asking them to do insured packages. After SEVERAL rounds in the post office over this over many months, I came unglued, stood in their facility & called district office as well as 800 # right there in facility, that I was going to get to bottom of it for once and for all right then and there. Needless to say they scanned for that day, but I thought going to finish this off. I called 800 # as well as the district office. Postal workers were told to scan them! Every now and then a worker will still remark about it & I give the look and one of the clerks will tell them to just do it.

My thought is it is their JOB period!!!! In the time they spent arguing it, they could have scanned them.

Worker in post office has told them to do what I tell them to do with my packages. I am sure they would love to tell where to put them...but they know I will report them in a heartbeat.

This is NOT only facility in our area who has given me grief over this. But since I usually use this facility I addressed it there.

However, I have found that if I am in different facility & ask for scan and they refuse, if I tell them I am calling while standing there in facility my request is usually granted with a smile (or gritted teeth) either way it is done.

Note...If you do not get scanned and it misses scan for some reason, you will pay the price if someone says they did not get it. I have many that never hit a scanner.

Just cover YOURSELF!!!

FYI...from my experience in stores...

Let me assure you....THERE is no clerk or manager in a store or post office that wants you to stand there and call customer service. They hate it if you say, oh, what is your 800 # I am going to call it right now and see if that is policy. If they refuse to give it...I nicely look it up start the call I have rarely had to make the call, as normally there is all of a sudden a policy change made very quickly! OR IF I do go through with call, I also report clerk refusal to provide number. Done this about 4 times in 5 years....but works GREAT!!!
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Trinkets..i have another question if I may?..When they scan you say it shows up on the Track and Confirm page.I am not sure where you mean..I check the # that is given after you do your label and shows up as a tracking number on my Ebay sold page but when I click it,it just shows only "Order information received by Canada Post" at the time I made up the label.Now..because is it because Small Packet Air USA and there is not any tracking anymore? I notice a couple items I sent that shipping method last week have the same message.

And thankyou,Lookandbuyme, for your advice..I will make a point of doing that.Smile
Well..just went and dropped a package and it couldn't be scanned because there is no barcode on Small Packet International or USA.So I got them to put a stamp (same as the stamp on the back of the CN22 label when posting at the post office) on the bottom half of the label sheet I made up thru PayPal.Besides that I am at a loss of what would suffice for a third party insurer.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.