Skip to main content

I recently sold a item to a customer. When it was received, the customer found it did not function correctly. I would like to send him a replacement. How do I create a shipping label without a "sale"? It would also be great if I could include a return shipping label for his return of the damaged item; is that possible?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi peglegcharlie,
(Or should I say "ARGH!")

Good question about printing return shipping labels. At this time, no. Our software will allow you to print out a new label for the replacement item, but not a label that you could send to the buyer so they could return the damaged item.

Sorry about that!

Here is a link to some other helpful tips for printing your shipping labels:
http://www.auctiva.com/help/fa...rch=shipping%20label

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Jenny
peglegcharlie, I can't help but notice that your question was not fully answered. Specifically, how to create a label without a sale.

There are a couple of ways of doing this, that I know of.

First, you can go to paypal, and do it directly via this link:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-...webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Or, within Auctiva, you can go to your Sales page, and filter your view to see all your orders that have shipped. Find your sale, that you wish to create a 2nd label for, and click the 'view/edit shipping labels' icon. Click that icon, and you'll then see a 'Create new label' link, and a 'Create Similar' link. Clicking either of those links will allow you to create a 2nd label without a sale.
Hi PhilthyCollins,

All USPS shipping labels that can be purchased through our site will include a tracking number. If you were to purchase a second label from a single transaction, for example, the second label would include a tracking number but the tracking number would not entail an additional cost.

We have also put some security measures in place which may prevent a seller from purchasing a shipping label with destination addresses which differs from the buyer's address, so the approach to printing a label without a sale you mentioned may not work any longer.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:

...If you were to purchase a second label from a single transaction, for example, the second label would include a tracking number but the tracking number would not entail an additional cost.

Hold on. Are you saying that if I send multiple shipments, to the same auction winner, I'll only be charged for the first tracking number? The OP needs to send a replacement part to the auction winner. When she prints a 2nd label to place on her 2nd package, are you saying she won't be charged for that 2nd, new, tracking number?

quote:
...may not work any longer.

well, will it work any longer or not?
Hi PhilthyCollins,

No, that is not what I was trying to convey - let me see if I can clear things up. If one purchases a second shipping label from one transaction to send a replacement part (or for any reason), there *will* be a second charge for that new shipping label.

I thought you may have been seeking clarification on whether generating a tracking number for the second label would entail an additional fee on top of the regular shipping cost and I was inclined to clarify that all USPS shipping labels available through our site include tracking numbers by default.

It should still be possible to purchase a second shipping label from a transaction to send a replacement part or something of that nature to the buyer, but it would not be possible to purchase a shipping label from a transaction which could be sent to the buyer to allow him/her to send back the defective part.

I hope this makes more sense.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.