Skip to main content

Hi all,

Have had little problems untill recently.

I tried to list a DVD box set and even though I have the condition set for this catagory, it keeps coming up with

"API Error

Condition is required for this category."

I have tried a number of different combonations, even used old listings and put new information into them but still the same result.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi just-you-wait,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. I reviewed the details of these errors and found that they were returned because eBay has recently changed the values that are accepted for Item Condition in the category you are using and the options available on our site are out of date as a result.

Ebay AU now requires that the Item Condition be set to “New” or “Used” for this category so we are going to have to update our site to offer those new values. I have made our technical team aware that such an update is required and will let you know once that has been completed.

Since specifying the Item Condition is required in this category and the options available on our site are not currently being accepted by eBay, I'm afraid it will not be possible to post these items until we have been able to update our Item Condition data for this category.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Hi just-you-wait,

We have just finished updating our system to pick up the latest changes to the Item Condition values that are accepted for this category, so you should now be able to select either "New" or "Used" for these categories and post them to eBay successfully by trying again.

If you are still unable to post these items successfully after choosing one of the new Item Condition options, please file a support case and we will look into your situation further.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Thanks for keeping us posted regarding the difficulties you have experienced. Although the issue the original poster had mentioned was resolved, eBay recently changed a number of their categories including the categories for vinyl records on the eBay US and UK sites and we had to update our system accordingly.

An update was completed earlier today to pick up the latest category changes earlier today but, after it was complete, we found that the Item Condition values for the vinyl records categories had also changed and that our system did not reflect the new Item Condition values for these categories.

As a result, we had to run another update to pick up the new Item Condition values for the vinyl records categories and the part of that update for the eBay US site has just completed. Therefore, you should now be able to select "New" or "Used" when listing in category # 176985 on the Ebay US site.

We are still working on addressing the similar issue that is impacting the vinyl records categories on the eBay UK site and will make the new Item Condition values for those categories show up for selection within Auctiva as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience these issues have caused. If you notice any other problems related to these recent category changes, please contact us by mousing over the "Help" tab and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
I have tried and tried and tried to list items today, and its becoming so tiring, I'm about to just list straight through eBay.

Not sure how to do that, but this is the only day I have in order to list my items for the rest of the week. Am totally bummed out.

After reading this thread, i see several are having similar issues. And Auctiva is working to solve it.

Anyway, I wish everyone luck today! Auctive is the best tool for listing fast professional quality listings. This is a first time for issues at least for me.

Frown
BTW, I'm not listing in Vinyl or Records....I list in Vintage clothing and new clothing....and am having issues with item specifics in vintage, as well as it showing an item condition, which is shouldn't in vintage...vintage is assumed used! No need for a condition in that section.

Its painful and time consuming having to re-enter all detailed specifics just to not have it load, and then get denied by ebay when I try to load my listings.

Please FIX IT...PLEASE AUCTIVA! I value you guys! Let keep that good relationship!
Hi Community,

Thanks for continuing to keep us updates on the issues you have been experience. We are aware that our system is reflecting outdated Item Condition values for some categories on the eBay AU and eBay CA sites (including the vinyl records category on eBay CA) as well and we will have to run additional updates to import the new Item Condition values for those sites.

We have also come to be aware that some categories on the eBay US site, such as those for vintage clothing, are showing an Item Condition drop down menu on our listing creation page when eBay does not support providing an Item Condition.

Our engineering team is currently working to address all of these remaining issues as soon as possible and, while I cannot offer a specific estimate of when they will be resolved at the moment, I will update this thread to let you all know as soon as any new information becomes available.

On the other hand, I just looked up category # 85899 (Home & Garden > Home Improvement > Building & Hardware > Garage Doors & Openers > Remotes & Transmitters) on our eBay US lister page and I am seeing the correct Item Condition values and the “Accept Offers” from buyers when “Fixed Price” is selected as the Sale Type.

I'm sorry about the continued difficulties many of you have been experiencing. I realize that we have run into a number of issues when updating our system to support the recent sweep of eBay category changes, but we will certainly keep working on them until they are all resolved.

-Mike
quote:
category # 85899

Indeed the best offer function corrected itself by creating a similar listing to that which was saved but I still cannot set a return policy under Checkout options and eBay is not posting the listing due to it being required. I have submitted a support ticket to this effect.

[edit]

Just created a fresh listing using the same details and now the return options are showing. Seems using saved listing does not requery the category requirements. Ajax fail.
DO have question will post on here since the announcement link is closed so can't ask there.

Moderators: Auctiva Ken M., Auctiva Support

Here is link it is name at very top. Guess am confused on who is writing this....as I looked for this persons other posts and last one I saw was 2006?

https://community.auctiva.com/e...167090426#4167090426

Auctiva??? Any information does this guy even still work for auctiva or is he ghost writer???

Thanks
Hi Community,

We have just completed the update necessary to correct the issue that was causing our system to show the wrong Item Condition values for a few categories on the eBay AU and CA sites, so you should now be able to see the correct Item Condition options when listing to those categories - such as category # 176985 (Music > Records) on eBay CA.

There are still a few categories for which our system is incorrectly displaying (or not displaying) the Item Condition or Add/Edit Variations options and our technical team is still looking into what needs to be done to ensure those categories display the correct options.

If you encounter that behavior with a category you are using, please contact our customer support team to let us know by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option. We are actively keeping track of the categories that are impacted in this manner to ensure the issues with these categories are addressed.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.