Skip to main content

I just paid $2.45 a gallon for gas. It was $2.47 on Friday.

Woohoo!

Never would I have thought I'd be HAPPY to see $2.45.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of high gas prices...yeah, yeah..I know. I can be an optimist, right?

<poof>
Donna
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

$2.09 a gallon for gas here in Minnesota. We're still going to watch our gas bill. Very cold winters here in MN. Electricity comes from coal, so if it gets too bad will hook up our electic heaters to warm up the place a bit. I guess our gas company bought natural gas at a lower price, so I think it was only going to go up 40% vs. 70% in some areas.
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
I'm at $2.14
That's right...
Two Dollars and Fourteen Cents!

Wonderful!

Donna

We've had super-unleaded under two bucks for a couple weeks now. I don't use it because it's good for the farmers, it helps the environment, and the government encourages us to. So I use regular at $2.04 instead. Wonder if there's any Ethyl around.

CP, the wet blanket (in IA).

Remember the Golden Rule...He Who Has the Gold Makes the Rule. Cool
CB!

Wet Blanket?

Say it ain't so.

Dropped again today to $2.11...I'm doing the hacha-cha dance! Please oh Please I'm hoping for under $2.00 a gallon for the New Year.

Well, allow me to be the true geekette that I am...Consumer Reports states that VERY few cars require anything other than plain ole unleaded.

Suthrnjewl=Tree Hugger<---uses plain ole unleaded

Ethyl? Around? She's hanging out with Fred. <nudge> Nyuck, Nyuck.

Have a most wonderful Gobble Day!
Donna
quote:
CB!

Wet Blanket?

Say it ain't so.

Dropped again today to $2.11...I'm doing the hacha-cha dance! Please oh Please I'm hoping for under $2.00 a gallon for the New Year.

Have a most wonderful Gobble Day!
Donna

Here in Illinois $1.95 been that amount for the last 3 days now. I'm hoping it keeps dropping since I'll be driving to your neck of the woods Donna next month. I've heard or it was 10 years ago that Georgia and the southern states were cheaper then up north. Has your area dropped since your last post?

Happy Turkey Day everyone
quote:
Originally posted by Moonandstarman:

Here in Illinois $1.95 been that amount for the last 3 days now. I'm hoping it keeps dropping since I'll be driving to your neck of the woods Donna next month. I've heard or it was 10 years ago that Georgia and the southern states were cheaper then up north. Has your area dropped since your last post?

Happy Turkey Day everyone

Dropped to $2.09 yesterday. We have an extra .10 a gallon (taxes) on our gas. So you might find it cheaper elsewhere.

You drive careful coming down! You'll be amazed at the change in my beloved home state in the last 10 years. <smile>

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by moodymama1024:
LOL @ Capt! I meant the gas tank of my Explorer. Wanta hear what sucks? Today, I filled up both vehicles and with a full tank of gas, one breaks down right after the fill up!

CB is a majorly witty one...always makes me smile! And love that picture of him...so verile! <wink>

That happened to me about a month ago, too. Filled up my Momma Mobile and then within a day, the dang thing needed servicing. AUGHHHHH!

You're GA? Macon area? We have family in Douglasville and our nephew was in Valdosta on the AF base but is now transferring to another base.

Take care, Donna
quote:

CB is a majorly witty one...always makes me smile! And love that picture of him...so verile! <wink>

Surely ye jest! That's not me picture. That's the real Captain Binghamton, me boyhood role model!

I 'ave a real picture or two of me smilin' face on the web, but it's only fer them's wants to post it below decks to scare the rats outta the bilges. Good fer scarin' crows off'n the crow's nest and pigeons from the poop-deck, too!

(Verile, verile...hmm...not in my one-eyed lingo-book...let's see...viral...vermin...)

CB
$1.93 in Hastings, MN, just south of where I live. Always cheaper there. Farther from the cities. Still paid 1.98 here in my hometown today. Should've gotten that $7.00 car wash, but it was so darn slushy, car would've been dirty in two seconds. Gas stations make much moola off us Minnesotans who want to wash all the salt that eats these major holes in both our cars and the highways we drive them on.

http://stores.ebay.com/Beaded-Baubles-and-More-Fun-Stuff

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.