Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Normally warm and sunny Fl as well, gulf coast just minutes from the beach but today it is cool and crisp and a welcome change from the heat!

Australia you say? That is the one place I want to go if I ever have the chance to travel.

Of course now that I have kids they want to go see the Croc Hunter and the Wiggles. So much for diving the reefs until they get older Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Moonandstarman:
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
Hi,
I'm Donna and I'm from

Warm and Steamy, Lakeland, FL.

Right between Tampa and Mickey Mouse World

OMG I'm from Tampa. Going there next month. Haven't been there in almost 10 years.
Chuck and Virginia

I visit Tampa monthly. Love The Columbia Restaurant, museums, Busch Gardens and so much more.
You'll have a great time and will be amazed at how much the "town" has grown.
Travel safely! The weather should be great for you. No snow! <smile>

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by ausgem:
Hi Suthrnjewl!
My name is Deb.
I live in a similar place only on the other side of the planet lol.
I live on The Gold Coast (also sub-tropical), right near Wet'n'Wild and Movie World in Australia.

Smile

I've had just scads of sales from Australia lately! WOOHOO!

You should be starting summer in Australia now, Right?

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by countrygal:
Hi, I'm Linda and I'm from...

Oroville, CA (actually about 30 mi north...in da woodz) and a hop-skip-and-a-jump from Chico, home of Auctiva!

Hi there Linda,

California...warm and sunny. They often state that about FL, we have a cold front coming thru this week. WOOHOO! Last week it was in the 40s and this week it should be dropping down to the 40s again. Just in time for the Christmas Parade.

I say you oughta do lunch with the Auctiva Guys!
<wink>

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by ladybedilia:
Brooklyn, New York!

Donna......the City is just beautiful right now -- decorated beautifully for the holidays. Wednesday evening I walked through Rockefeller Center and the tree is great this year. Can't wait to see it lit up!

Isn't the tree lighting Wednesday night? Ohhh man...I would love to go up to visit NYC. I swear to goodness, I'm going to go once for The Macy's Parade and stay through for the next week with the tree lighting, ice skating and more.

Enjoy your cooler weather!
Donna
The only time I miss NY is Christmas!

My Dad worked at NBC at 30 Rocefeller Plaza so we always had a great window view of the tree Wink

Here we have a Christams Boat Parade, the boats are all decorated with lights and it sure is something to see!

Last year they had real snow at the Charlotte County Stadium but we never made it down there. A few years ago a friend brought us a cooler full for my son!
I've lived in Minnesota my entire life and I truly hate the winters. My grandparents came on the boat from southern Italy. I look like my Danish father, but I think I have my Italian Grandma's blood and love of milder climes. We have snow. It's snowing right now. And do you know how all that salt eats at your car? I'm sick of winter already. I would absolutely love a mild, nonsnow Christmas. But it will be bitter cold and icy, I'm sure. It always is.

You can't take your organs with you to heaven, and heaven knows we need them here. Please be an organ donor and let your family know of your wishes.
I currently live in Freezzziinngg Coolldd Utah! Been here since '81, but raised in sunny So. Cal! If you want snow, I can send you shovel loads! My oldest son just moved to Brooklyn. Frown He's been telling me about the nice weather y'all are having over there. But, just you wait, winter is a'coming and it will hit NY too. Smile
~Lisa
who just bought new fleece PJs...I mean eBay workclothing.... Big Grin
To me favorite Jewel of de South: The ol' Cap'n's home port is in the Great Sea-farin' State of...Iowa?(!)

And, Scholartime, I loves to set up camp in them Wasatches. And the Deer Creeks. When I need to relax from me daily grind of pillagin' and plunderin', I like to go out and do the town(s)of Callao, Gold Hill, Ibapah, and all the rest. Avast!

The Cap'n
"me Grampa came from Norway on the Atlantic Auction!"
quote:
Originally posted by scholartime:
He's been telling me about the nice weather y'all are having over there. But, just you wait, winter is a'coming and it will hit NY too. Smile
~Lisa
who just bought new fleece PJs...I mean eBay workclothing.... Big Grin

Love the term eBay work clothing! HA! If our buyers could just see how decked out we are in front of our puters.

I perked on you using the word ya'll...somewhere in your lineage must be southern..Admit it, are you a closet southerner? <smile>

COLD COLD COLD!
I guess it wouldn't do to tell you that I'm freezing here in FL with temps last night in the 40s...<wink>
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
To me favorite Jewel of de South: The ol' Cap'n's home port is in the Great Sea-farin' State of...Iowa?(!)

And, Scholartime, I loves to set up camp in them Wasatches. And the Deer Creeks. When I need to relax from me daily grind of pillagin' and plunderin', I like to go out and do the town(s)of Callao, Gold Hill, Ibapah, and all the rest. Avast!

The Cap'n
"me Grampa came from Norway on the Atlantic Auction!"

WOOHOO!
I'm his FAVORITE Jewel of the South. But then again, there can only be one Jewel and that's me! <smile>

FINALLY! You gave me the dang longitude and latitude but brain cells couldn't even google it.

Iowa? Pillaging and plundering are infamous for that state...How lucky you fit right in. Or did you start it? <smile>

You changed your quote...you don't feel like screaming anymore? <smile>

Love that pic!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
The Captain is from Iowa?

Okay I used to picture you on this big pirate ship, something like this:

http://www.captmemo.com/cmps.html

But now I see you and sid in the living room in a dingy singing "row row row your boat" Razz

Oh BTW - my son is dying to go on that ship. Gotta save my pennies so I can take him!

Suthrnjewl<-----busting a gut at the singing of row row row your boat in a dingy

Such a visual!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wahm922:
The Captain is from Iowa?
But now I see you and sid in the living room in a dingy singing "row row row your boat" Razz
QUOTE]

Avast, Danielle. Actually, me single solitary boat is in the barn. So we has to do our "row, rows" in the bathtub. Sid, 'e just kind of awks along, you know? We pertend me yellow duck's a dingy.

Harrr.
CB

Helpful hint...
Men and the word "dingy" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. <wink>

Suthrnjewl<---misses the old CB pic

Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Back at cha,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Hi, I'm Nigel and I'm from freezing cold England, wish you were here!

Hi there Nigel!

If you've heard of Jimmy Buffett...he twisted the words of a very often used postcard sentiment and turned it into a song.

Here's the title:
The Weather is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful

Listen...it was COLD here in Florida this week. My spot (45 minutes outside of Mickey Mouse World, Disney World) was 27 degrees. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

C'mon to Florida..the high today should be 76.
Beautiful!

Take care, Donna
Stop the presses...here I am...

Born and raised in a Dutch Community in Fulton, IL. Lived 4 years in Hot...hot...hot, central Texas--Killeen (by Austin),TX,...presently residing in Macomb, IL... home of Western Illinois University and David Letterman's 5th Best Party School in the nation.

And please, Nein spreckin se nederlandes...um "jokes"....can't remember the word.... Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.