Skip to main content

I have been trying since last night to try and get some more stuff listed but I can only get as far as the Title...it keeps saying that the category section is being worked on and try back in a few minutes. I have been trying since 7PM last night..it is now 6PM next day...almost 24 hours and still cannot get past putting it in a Category. Anyone else having the same pronlem? Any ideas when this will all be over with? I had 20 auctions close with no bids...I guess because there was nothing to see. I also was never notified of any move from Auctiva...otherwise I wouldn't of listed and wasted all the money I am now paying to eBay for closed auctions with no bids. Simply a frustrating situation. They should of just closed the whole site down for maintenance like some many other sites do, which would of forced everyone to use alternative third party listers. Losing money is not my cup of tea! kingcare
THANK YOU STAFF, even with the down time it was not that bad. Only with trials do we move forward to better and more efficent listings. It seems that most of the problems that most had they expected!!!! What you believe you will achieve, or "as a man thinketh in his heart" that is which he shall receive. We did not expect problems and therefore we had piece. And yes we do make a living on ebay, but the down time will be made-up in a greater way. We had a ton of sales from our store today, which I believe is the beginning of more to come. So take heart everyone, the mountain you had to climb has a better view at the top.
THANK YOU everyone at Auctiva for progressing forward and doing what you believed was the best direction.
I really appreciate Auctiva compared to many others that I have use, even in the down time.

It is kind of like complaining about American, till you visit a third world country. You are back kissing the ground when you arrive home.
Blessins to everyone
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Brandon S.:
Seamist Cape Cod,

Thanks for the post. We do appreciate comments like these, especially during a stressful time like now.

Auctiva Support Cool

You guys are doing a great job!

Everything went just a planned for me today, uploaded pics and sent my listings off to ebay without any problems - cept for a few runtime errors that quickly went away.

Pages are moving much faster and images on ebay are coming up nice and quick!

Thanks again for caring enough to make a change for the better instead of ignoring the problems. I'm confident Auctiva is the place to be Smile
It was a tough decision, and we knew that we would upset people. But we also knew it was the correct decision, to take the time now to upgrade to ensure that we had plenty of ceiling for both our current customers and the growth we forecast for years to come.

Many times the right decision is the hardest to make. It is pretty tough to have everyone working 20+ hour days and then read the posts from people complaining about how we don't care about our customers. I do understand the pain this is causing and every single Auctiva employee would love for this move to be over, but I think everyone should remember that we are all in this together. I mean, we don't win unless YOU, our customers win.
Last edited by auctivabillb
It's it amazing that a company can provide a WONDERFUL, FREE service that saves ebay sellers lots of money, and then when that company decides to upgrade and make things even better, many people can only complain and moan!

Anyone who reads the news and community board KNEW this was happening. I simply stopped using Autiva for a week or so, and went back to a free photo host and Ebay's Turbo Lister. I am astounded that some users can actually COMPLAIN.....

Auctiva, THANK YOU for working so hard to improve your site for those of us that have stuck by you all along and appreciate your efforts.

L Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Bill B.:
It was a tough decision, and we knew that we would upset people. But we also knew it was the correct decision, to take the time now to upgrade to ensure that we had plenty of ceiling for both our current customers and the growth we forecast for years to come.

Many times the right decision is the hardest to make. It is pretty tough to have everyone working 20+ hour days and then read everyone complaining here. I do understand there pain, but I think everyone should remember that we are all in this together. I mean, we don't win unless all of our customers win.

Just as an FYI Feedback
I agree with the previous post. Things were much faster this eve.
I am now, however getting runtime errors again Smile
quote:
Originally posted by DCJP Company:
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Bill B.:

Many times the right decision is the hardest to make. It is pretty tough to have everyone working 20+ hour days and then read everyone complaining here. I do understand there pain, but I think everyone should remember that we are all in this together. I mean, we don't win unless all of our customers win.

Just as an FYI Feedback
I agree with the previous post. Things were much faster this eve.
I am now, however getting runtime errors again Smile

As quickly as they came, the runtime errors are gone.
Magic...
Thanks Smile
I just posted 4 listings to ebay with no problems. Everything worked MUCH FASTER, with loading pics and the whole shabang! I am very pleased. The only problem I am having is that the window is still showing only 8 items..which I am sure will be fixed before long.

Great job to all those at Auctiva who have worked so hard making the switch, and a big THANK YOU for all of your hard work!!

Blessing, Yvette Wink
I'm not experiencing that problem, but I can't use eBay's bulk relister. I get an API error when I try. I can relist each item individually, but that takes hours instead of minutes. I don't know if it's related to Auctiva's server changes, but whatever it is I hope it's fixed soon.
Thanks for everything Auctiva!

quote:
Originally posted by Zypies:
I just tried to edit my pictures but they won't load. The edit/crop page is just blank. Anyone experiencing that issue?

Thanks, Dale
quote:
Originally posted by lmdean:
It's it amazing that a company can provide a WONDERFUL, FREE service that saves ebay sellers lots of money, and then when that company decides to upgrade and make things even better, many people can only complain and moan!

Anyone who reads the news and community board KNEW this was happening. I simply stopped using Autiva for a week or so, and went back to a free photo host and Ebay's Turbo Lister. I am astounded that some users can actually COMPLAIN.....

Auctiva, THANK YOU for working so hard to improve your site for those of us that have stuck by you all along and appreciate your efforts.

L Smile

To Jeff, Mike and all of the others associated with Auctiva, I want to also say I agree with Imdean and add a big thank you for the hard work put into the switch. I have no doubt that our frustrations can't begin to compare with what you felt when things did not go as planned, and you have handled it all with grace.

Best wishes for the future...I am sure it will be great, and I intend to be here. Smile
Jeff, Again I am sorry for not being perfect in my thread selection. You must be very tired, as I am. All I am still saying is that I can't edit my pictures when I pull up Manage Images. A computer teach(

Jeff, I continue to tell you that I am sorry for upsetting you. You are tired, as well as I am tired of this situation. I paid a computer tech last night a great amount of money to come to my home to check my computer, and , he cleaned my cache. I still can't edit my pictures and pull up the picture when I go to Manage Images. You are customer srvice! I should not be treated as You are treating me unfairly telling me not to write so much and to clean my cache when it is clean. Check the threads and some others write every other thread. I am so sorry that I can't solve my listing problem myself. I can assure you that I never even pulled up thes threads until this upgrading flopped and left so many people in a mess, and, if I can ever get to listing again and my pictures up I will NEVER bother you again, Poor reflection of Auctiva's customer servce!!!

and some people write all day. I would NEVER

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
We're behind on updating. We need to catch up for the time we weren't updating as well as current activity. Much of this is caused by limitations on us by eBay on how much data we can get from their site. I've posted on that topic before. The amount they let us update is not on par with the size of Auctiva. Their quotas are built for midget sized developers. We need to work with them on that to find a solution, but keep in mind they move like snails so a speedy resolution isn't likely.

How does Vendio, Marketworks and Channeladvisor get by using these data quotas? Are they licensed for the API at a different level?
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
and you have handled it all with grace.
That and 38 hours without sleep for several of us. I started to fade after about 30 but quickly caught a second wind surprisingly. I started out with a lot of coffee but after that initial coffee I went pretty much caffine free the rest of the way. It must have been the adrenalin after that.

Some of the extra time was the result of changing settings on all our computers to handle our new redundant Cisco firewalls and redundant Dell switches we put in at the same time as the move. Steps towards making the site faster and less prone to going down if a single important piece of equipment such as a firewall or switch fails.

Jeff, I hope you are getting some well deserved sleep!

Thanks for working so hard and for caring about your business and your customers Smile
Smile As a newbie both to EBay and Auctiva, I watched from the sidelines and tried to be patient. Some drats and darns escaped but I chose to use this FREE service. My daughter is a web designer and programmer and I know from her own trials that it all takes time.I am determined to try and learn some of this for myself and I am very happy to be able to avail myself of the free services provided here, it saves $$ for me in my listings. Even though some time was lost there were other options if we decided to hunt them out. When improvements are made and down time is necessary, so be it, whether we read,missed or didn't receive notification doesn't change the fact that it is free and it is our choice to use this service( not speaking to the clients that pay) I too was having trouble downloading, editing and creating an ad this morning, quess what? I came, I read and I conquered lol. Did the old thing with clearing cache and all is well now! I am looking forward to learning a ton of things here, thanks to all who come with positive and helpful tips and thanks to Auctiva!
Are any of you having these problems? (Cache cleard late last night). I create similar and it won't go to browse for pics, won't go to "Full Size Editor" to change descriptions and if I click on Text it stays there and won't go anywhere else. I go to bottom and save. I then bring up same listing to edit and everything works until I hit save and it give run time error and all is lost. That the shortest I can make this. Please let me kow if I haven't been clear. Any and all advise from voices of experience since server change accepted.
quote:
Originally posted by betty122243:
Jeff, Again I am sorry for not being perfect in my thread selection. You must be very tired, as I am. All I am still saying is that I can't edit my pictures when I pull up Manage Images. A computer teach(

Jeff, I continue to tell you that I am sorry for upsetting you. You are tired, as well as I am tired of this situation. I paid a computer tech last night a great amount of money to come to my home to check my computer, and , he cleaned my cache. I still can't edit my pictures and pull up the picture when I go to Manage Images. You are customer srvice! I should not be treated as You are treating me unfairly telling me not to write so much and to clean my cache when it is clean. Check the threads and some others write every other thread. I am so sorry that I can't solve my listing problem myself. I can assure you that I never even pulled up thes threads until this upgrading flopped and left so many people in a mess, and, if I can ever get to listing again and my pictures up I will NEVER bother you again, Poor reflection of Auctiva's customer servce!!!

and some people write all day. I would NEVER

Let me preface this with, I have no affiliation with Auctiva, other than the fact that I am a user of the service. This is my opinion. If you have to pay a Computer Tech to clean your browser cache, you probably shouldn't be using this service or eBay for that matter. I know this is going to irk some people who think that those of us who are computer literate are jerks for saying such things, but I know nothing about accounting and wouldn't think an Accountant telling me that I'm better off not doing accounting myself is being a jerk.

You and every other person that uses Auctiva have the ability to list through eBay. No one is twisting your arm telling you, "In order to post auctions on eBay, you must use Auctiva's service.". Anyone who pays the slightest bit of attention to Auctiva, especially when it is as critical as people are making it out to be, would have known about the imminent server move and the fact that it was delayed 5 days from the initial date it was scheduled.

Most people have no idea what a monumental task was just accomplished in less than 2 days because they know nothing about what it takes to accomplish such a task. If you did, you would be praising Auctiva for its accomplishment rather than moaning and complaining about the site being down for 30+ hours. If I were the person offering you a free service and had to put up with your incessant complaints, I'd tell you to take a hike because you are probably more trouble than you are worth as a user.
quote:
Originally posted by leahyrlw:
Are any of you having these problems? (Cache cleard late last night). I create similar and it won't go to browse for pics, won't go to "Full Size Editor" to change descriptions and if I click on Text it stays there and won't go anywhere else. I go to bottom and save. I then bring up same listing to edit and everything works until I hit save and it give run time error and all is lost. That the shortest I can make this. Please let me kow if I haven't been clear. Any and all advise from voices of experience since server change accepted.
To bartonsbargain, I never thought my request for would go this far---I am a regular person, just enjoying eBay after retiring and did enjoy Auctiva, and hope to enjoy it again. I really don't think that you have to know this, but, I got a tech to come and do that because I wanted Auctiva to know that it was done right. Yes, I do it all the time, but, I had some other things for him to correct on the computer as well. I am so blessed that I don't know everything that there is to know, and I came always call for help. But, more importantly, I am proud that I stay out of other people's business. Truly, this has gone TOO Far. I am a very nice person, manage of 500 employees for 31 years, and very, very successful I have never known anything like this with what I hae gone through not being able to list on Auctiva. If I choose to have a computer tech to clean my cache, I can do it!!!!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.