Skip to main content

One of you all mentioned that there was a new auction site that's just for handmade items. I had to check out Etsy.com and of course I've spent money and haven't sold anything. But nevertheless, it's an interesting concept for an auction and a great place for people who like handmade items and want to see what is new.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Some REALLY unique items can be found at Etsy.

I can't remember which one of our members is selling Blender Lamps on there..but I'm considering one of those for my son's apartment. It has a bar and I think it'd look kewl with his neon signs.

I hope it takes off as its a site that has a great look, feel and is easy to navigate.

I found one of the funniest handmade items on there the other night..no, wait. I won't link it because it's adult and well, I don't know who I'd offend. Let's just say...it's a cozy (cover) for a rather personal item. <smile>

Good Luck,
Donna
I have like 12 items listed and sold 3 already. I've been on the boards there every day. Those people are really hitting the pavement to advertise the site. It just might work--if they get the search engine to work a bit faster. Sometime it's agonizingly sloooowww..... I'm going to keep listing there and put a little blurb in my promotional flyers from Ebay.
quote:
Originally posted by Newbets:
One of you all mentioned that there was a new auction site that's just for handmade items. I had to check out Etsy.com and of course I've spent money and haven't sold anything. But nevertheless, it's an interesting concept for an auction and a great place for people who like handmade items and want to see what is new.

Someone told me to go to the boards a lot. It's kind of tight-knit community. They all seem to belong to MySpace.com, as well. There's even an Etsy group there. You might try promoting your Etsy stuff that way.
I had a space with Myspace set up for cross-selling and higher search engine placement..but <rolling eyes> with the exception of five kids that are friends of my children, the only other persons that wanted to add me as a contact were males looking for "other" interests besides online selling. (if you catch my drift)

I do have my Yahoo 360 and my MSN spaces.
http://360.yahoo.com/suthrnjewl

http://spaces.msn.com/suthrnjewl

Both of the above have blogs and those are now being found in searches so if you use key words in your blogs..you'll get picked up. If you'd like to join my 360 feel free to ask.

I can't say if they help or not, but it's just more ways I have of getting myself into the search engines.

As far as message boards? If this message board weren't here, I wouldn't have bought from several sellers. Great advertising along with picking one anothers brains.

Take care,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by annkate:
Thanks for the ideas, Donna. I think I'll check into some of those ideas.

You can join my 360 Yahoo. I've had 822 hits since January. How many of those I receive sales from, I don't know..but you're welcome to open one and then join my group of online sellers. And if I must say so...I have a great buncha sellers on my Yahoo 360.

The invitation is open to everyone is you decide you'd like to give it a try.

http://360.yahoo.com/suthrnjewl

The MSN spaces hasn't opened the site up yet to allowing other members to join my group but when it does...I hope to have a nice group of sellers on that site, too.

Take care,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
Thanks Donna - I just threw together a MSM space:
http://spaces.msn.com/wahm922/

You're most welcome!

They're adding Friends connections next week or so.

If you'd like when that gets going, we'll add one another and do the same thing we did when I started my Yahoo with everyone.

Looks really good Danielle!

I've been trying to decide whether or not to add my RSS or not. I'll grab yours and add it to mine tonight or tomorrow. Your fullmoon still has rss, right? Never mind, it's on my Yahoo and I'll check it for the RSS.

Glad to see your spirits are up!
<wink>
Donna
I've added my RSS but it's not feeding in..it states loading, loading, loading. Which I have ALOT of items to load in and this sometimes happens. I do believe something is whacky though.

Kathy'll do you right...stick with her and you can't go wrong.

Use Core FTP lite (as per Wayne's recommendation), design on your desktop and then drag and drop.

My problem is payment cart. <sigh> I'm hoping Beth can figure it out and then work me through it.

Blessings,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.