Skip to main content

Hi all, I talked to the guy about what was going on with the links site he has free for a limited time and found out what the deal is. He has 180+ sites listed to date. He is offering free sign up and links affiliates for a limited time to build the base. Once the base has grown large enough it will become profitable for him and will go to a pay site.

So that being said here's the deal. He will let you join for free right now. And if you do, you will be grandfathered and never have to pay a single red cent for the sites you list. You will get 10 affilliates when you start and then when it goes to a pay site you get to keep yours for free and all new comers after that point will only get 2 affilliates and they will have to pay for the service.

This is basically the same thing Gotlinks did. It was free until they got the base built..naturally once the base is built..then everyone wants a piece of it and it becomes profitable so it becomes no longer free to sign up. Ahhh but being there from the beginning will once again pay off for those interested. This is a different kind of links program and most of it from what I have read, is just great. It has one drawback though..you have to put a link on your site. Please read about it first before you dive in so you know exactly what you have to do. Here is the link:

http://www.multiwaylinks.com/index.php?afid=101

I dont think it will take them long to fill up the free for a limited time slots..the guy seems to me like he is being pretty aggressive about getting the base going. I sure hope so. Good luck to ya and lots of $$$ your way, william
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If your not sure which type your domain host uses, you will have to contact them and ask..most the time you can tell by going to your site and looking at the language when the pages are loading..like on IE it will be down on the bottom left on your browsers status bar.

For instance, if you go to auctivas main page and look down bottom left while its loading...you will see in the url...an aspx...if you were to go to my cheap street site and load some pages you will see php in the url names...thats because my host for my store uses php. I forget what all the abbreviations stand for..but I bet someone on auctivas staff knows.

Anyway, basically what you would have to do is find out which one your site host uses and then create a new page and name it whatever you like..for example...bobslinkspage.php, or bobslinkspage.asp...and so on...when you make the page and submit the url for it...the link site will pick it up and add it.

It isnt as hard as it sounds but it is confusing if you have never done it. I cannot do it for my cheapstreet site because I am not allowed to create my own pages...the only way I can use it for cheapstreet is to ask them to set it up with the link site and then I would have a tool window from my host to set it up.

On my main page of my cheapstreet site I have a link bottom left that says Partners. When you click on that you get my Gotlinks page. This is what you will have to do once you make your links page..you will have to put a link on your main page..pointing to your links affilliate page..your bobslinks.php page for example.

Its probably going to be a decent links program...but if your like me, if its to much of a hassle to get it going..I usually look for something else. I just thought I would let you know it was there incase you wanted to get onboard while it was free. The best thing about this particular links program is you can exchange 5 pages from your site and use keywords instead of your sites title. With 5 pages you can link individual items pages etc. Instead of just your one home page.

I hope this cleared it up a little for you anyway. I am going to ask my host to contact this link site and see if they wont implement it into my store admin function. Good Luck to you all, William
Suthrnjewl<--------lost

Anyway..I forgot that I had done this. I finally got my free domain name hosted site by office live windows whatever up and running.

<blech> It's so boring but it's keyword strong. I tested the keywords before getting the free domain.

http://www.recipesandremedies.com

I'll play with it later, I'm doing some work on my new Auctiva templates! <smile>

It was a free domain name and 30 MB..I can deal with that and will eventually tweak it. It's got links to my ecraters and eBay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Danielle's/WAHM link to the free domain name and hosting below)
Like this one?

www.wahm922.com

*Note I forgot I had this and haven't done much with it

It was in BETA when I joined and it was free don't know the current status of it right now but will go see what I can dig up
Okay found the link:
http://officelive.microsoft.com/

There are templates that make setting it up very easy, just one of the MANY things on my list of things to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
dont get me wrong, i like the idea of free Smile

i just dont like the idea of having to dump my current links.html page. Frown

Hi wayoutwest, You wouldnt have to dump your current links page..you will just have to add a new page and name it what ever you like as long as its php,asp, or whatever applies in your case. Then put a link on your home page like, Partners or something and give it your new page url. I think the site even offers to set it up for you...if you give them your ftp server name and password...so they can do it. For me it is too much hassle, though it does seem to be a decent links program. The only way Im going to do it is if vstore picks it up and implements it. Im not gonna bother doing it with my new site as I havent even begun to figure it out yet..lol.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.