Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

Thank for helping to bring this to our attention. We have been reviewing our systems since noticing this thread but we have not been able to find anything amiss on our end that would explain this behavior, so we will need to look into these reports further if the problems continue.

If any of you are still encountering error messages or unusual site slowness, we would appreciate it if you can run a trace route from your network to www.auctiva.com and let us know the results so we can evaluate the routers on your path to our systems as well as our own equipment.

Windows:

1) Select "Run" from the Windows "Start" menu.
2) Enter "cmd" in the ensuing field and click "OK".
3) Then, in the black DOS window, type tracert www.auctiva.com and press the "Enter" key

Mac OS:

1) Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Network Utility
2) Click the “Trace Route” tab
3) Enter www.auctiva.com and click “Trace”

Once you have this information, please open a support case by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File a Support” case option and paste the results into the case along with as much detail as you can provide about the behavior and/or error messages you are receiving.

-Mike
Hi MarleneM,

Once the trace route command completes and the results are displayed in the Command Prompt window with the black background, you *should* be able to select all of the results by right clicking within the box and choosing "Select All", then copy them by holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard and pressing "C".

I am not quite sure what might be causing that window to close spontaneously but, if you cannot get the method described above to work, you could also try taking a screen shot of the results by pressing the “Print Screen” button along the top of your keyboard as soon as the results are displayed.

Once you have done that, you would then want to open Paint (which should be located in the Accessories section of your All Programs list), paste the screen shot into that program, and then save the results as a JPG file.

If you end up getting a screen shot of these results, please ask for an email address that you can send the trace route to when you open your support case to and you will then be able to email the JPG file containing the screen shot to us as an attachment.

-Mike
Same here - VERY slow uploading and scheduling, and every other time it comes up with error and I have to redo the listing. Have spoken to them and they are 'looking into it' but reckon its something to with IP address linking to their server or something...so asked me to do a trace as well, and to me everything seems normal. If everyone else is having problems surely this is an issue with them ?? Am seriously thinking of going back to turbo lister and not using Auctiva unless they fix asap as I can't afford to lose time like this
Have not listed in few days, tonight same problem here.. trying to save a listing. However, didn't we have a previous thread on this same issue that was maybe closed seems in January. I remember tracert instructions back then after holidays, I can't seem to locate it now.. but unless I am crazy (which I agree could be). Auctiva, could this be part of same issue as last round of slowness???

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi Community,

Our technical team is still looking into what may be causing the performance problems that have been discussed on this thread, but we have still not been able to determine the cause of the behavior at this point. If you are encountering problems of this nature, please let us know by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option if you have not done so already.

-Mike
I'll add my vote to the queue of individuals having the page reset problem. I have loads of things backed up to post on eBay, and it's only when I have to start dealing with Auctiva that I realize why I put off doing any work as long as possible.

I'm getting the same browser error page as lookandbuyme ("The connection was reset"). This comes up in response to trying to save or post a listing, trying to save and preview or update a template, and today it started with the window that opens when I try to upload photos.

It is taking 30+ minutes (more usually 45+) to complete one listing after multiple attempts to save, including refilling out form fields and reselecting photos after Post or Save flakes out. The Item Specifics are never saved, and opening those secondary windows (Item Specifics, Category, Image Selection) takes 30 seconds or more with no in-page indication from Auctiva that anything is happening. I'm not bothering with Item Specifics until I get over to eBay as it's just one more thing to fill out again when Auctiva posting fails.

I am having no problems with any other websites. I use firefox 10.0.2 and run Vista with 4G RAM. I am not a newbie and don't want to waste time with support only to ultimately be told to "clear your cache" and "reset your modem". Auctiva has always been slow for me but these page resets are ridiculous and if I didn't already have so many listings and saved images established with them I would be looking for another service.

I'll be opening a support case with my Tracert results that are running now.
Mitchell you hit nail on head. I find because of these issues I put off doing new listings until I can't put off anymore. I have done hardly any brand new listings in months because when I start and there are problems I usually get frustrated and quit for the day.. then day turns to days.

As far as item specifics pop up.. that is something that was in feature center (suggestion area) that is called feature center VERY LONG ago, that while that does not save a lot of time, it would save some if part of the main page rather than a pop-up. Also, would be great to have that so it actually shows up in preview. I know this would only save few seconds.. but with other issues a few seconds is a lot.

Clearing, resetting, router issue and your ISP provider are old song and dance. I have danced that dance and am tired of it.

Am glad you wrote in though, as it lets others know that we are not only ones with issue of slowness.
Its friday afternoon and the messages have started:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of requests at this time, your request took longer than expected to process. Please retry your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support referencing ID# 66af0c69-3327-42ed-b73d-66ad869730fc. Thank you.
I have done mostly relists for weeks as last times I was doing new listings site was slow, so gave up hoping when I came back site slowness would be resolved.

On ebay side especially, the forums amaze me, they were once so vibrant and now this. . . I think people gave up on answers. I do find it hard to believe that they are so inactive. It use to be that if someone had a general question someone would help them, that has become almost non-existent, occasionally a member will answer. Most questions now are either not answered at all or auctiva is responding to some.

We used summer as excuse last year, then holidays people busy, and holidays over summer coming again. . so.... where is everyone?

I do not necessarily interpret no news as good news as the forums were alive with news in general at one time, with great suggestions and ways to do things easier.

Hate to see this. . . so dead. Now mind you. . . dead is each persons perspective, but I frankly do not see near the activity on here that I saw for years.

Hope slowness issues are put way ahead of any "NEW" things being done with exception of what ebay is requiring.
Here we go again. I suffered through protracted timeframes yesterday, adding images and custom item specifics. Worse when editing images.

For the second time today:
We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of requests at this time, your request took longer than expected to process. Please retry your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support referencing ID# ea091d2a-5f6a-4a47-968a-73d5c647481c. Thank you.
Third time this morning. Three repeated attempts in the last hour with same message:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of requests at this time, your request took longer than expected to process. Please retry your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support referencing ID# d72c8b1a-bd79-479e-9baa-c0e5fb4f96bf. Thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by itsjustme:
Third time this morning. Three repeated attempts in the last hour with same message:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of requests at this time, your request took longer than expected to process. Please retry your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support referencing ID# d72c8b1a-bd79-479e-9baa-c0e5fb4f96bf. Thank you.

No response from support and hours later the same error message
Hi itsjustme,

Thanks for letting us know about the errors you have encountered. We are seeing an increased level of errors of that nature today I have forwarded the details you provided to our engineering team to aid their investigation. The errors are not particularly widespread, but we expect to be able to make some adjustments in the near future that will stabilize things.

Also, the last several messages added to this thread have been related to specific errors unrelated to the behavior several users were reporting when the thread was started so I have closed the thread. If you would like to discuss any current issues, please feel free to start a new thread.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.