Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Jenny - When you offer the option for a buyer to purchase more than one item, you must also specify a combined shipping policy. Then the buyer knows what the additional shipping costs will be, if any, for more than one item.

To do this just expand the 'Shipping Tools' section on the listing page, scroll down to 'Combined Shipping Discounts' and check the box next to 'Apply my eBay promotional shipping rule'. This refers to your shipping discount settings in your ebay preferences.

If you click the info icon (question mark) you will see this message:

Follow these steps to get to your eBay Preferences page:

1. Log into your eBay account
2. If you are not on your 'My eBay' page, click on 'My eBay'
3. Click on 'Preferences' located on the left side-menu under the 'My Account' section
4. Locate the 'Selling Preferences' section
5. Click on 'Show' to the right of 'Shipping and Discounts'
6. Then click 'Edit' to specify what you want your preferences to be

On the other hand, if you are selling your two items as a 'lot', so that the buyer can only purchase both items together, then you need to specify them as a LOT, rather than as INDIVIDUAL ITEMS. Then the error message and above requirement will no longer apply.
Last edited by ninthwave
Hi -
I have not personally done combined shipping, so will guess at the correct procedure (after consulting someone who has): In addition to the above instructions regarding multiple quantities when INDIVIDUAL ITEMS is checked (as opposed to LOTS), there is an additional box which was not mentioned, and must be checked to set up your combined shipping policy . In the 'Shipping Tools' section under 'Options' there is a box marked 'Make this item eligible for a shipping discount according to my eBay preferences'. Checking this box, as well as the box below that, under 'Combined Shipping Discounts' and marked 'Apply my eBay promotional shipping rule' should work. Make sure you set up your ebay preferences as noted above. Note: If you are selling your items as a Lot, and mark the 'LOT' option, you should not get an error message, as it would no longer apply.

If you still can't get things to work, I would file a support request from the Help page.
Last edited by ninthwave

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.