Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Ana, I found this happened to me in recent months when using IE6 on XP, at the suggestion of others here I tried and now use Firefox for all my online editing with Auctiva as it runs 10 to 20x faster than IE for me.

There is a link on the help page to get this free 3rd party browser Smile

You can only open one listing at a time to edit/create (although you could open 10 browser windows, one in each !), and I don't recall seeing a bulk edit or replace for images. However if use use the create similar option it is pretty quick.

Few tips :-
I would also suggest you upload all images to Auctiva first via the bulk uploader using IE not FF before creating your listing, much quicker then uploading into each listing.

Size shouldn't really be more than 1024x768 otherwise too big for most buyers displays and takes ages to upload, much more efficient to prepare off line first.

It is also worth preview and error checking each listing before saving.

If listing detail is long prepare it offline and copy paste into the listing, otherwise an internet glitch could easily blow away your work, been many a victim groan and sigh on here. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Kim-from-Lisboa:
Hi,
I'm new in auctiva! When I try to make a "new listing" or "load a profile" or "create a similar listing", it takes almost 1 minute to do any of these operations. Is this common?
By the way, how do I open 10 new listings in a bulk and just change the images?
MANY THANKS, Ana

Hello Ana,

I like ChooCooGuys' suggestion on trying FireFox as an alternative to IE6/7 for working on Auctiva. I might actually do that, though I tend not to have too many issues with IE. Thanks Choo! Smile

ChooChooGuy suggested to you:

"I would also suggest you upload all images to Auctiva first via the bulk uploader using IE not FF before creating your listing, much quicker then uploading into each listing."

I would like to elaborate on uploading your pics.

I found what helps is to really sit down first and think about how you are going to organize all of your photos. Instead of uploading all photos into one folder, I decided to create multiple folders for various themes. I also created a folder for items that I have sold but no longer carry. This way if the day comes I carry them again, I can move them out of the 'Black Hole Folder' and into the folder that is active.

Example would be:

Images > Manage Folders > Create Folder

Toys Action Figures

Toys Vehicles

Games Boardgames

Games Card and Puzzle

Hopefully you get the idea. This way when you get all of your folders created and move to upload all of your photos from your computer to Auctiva, you can throw each photo into its folder during uploading. Saving a lot of time. Oh and don't forget to give each folder a different color scheme. (ex. Games might be all green, Toys might be all yellow and the Black Hole for pics not used anymore, Black perhaps) Smile

When you create a listing and you click on 'Select an Image', you can go to the folder you need, and more easily select the photo you need.

Cheers!
Need to check a few things

1) are you using a dial-up or broadband connection ?

2) what speed of computer 1,GHz 2Ghz ?

3) if you are using a PC what operating system are you using Win 98, XP , Vista

4) if a Mac same question as above

5) has this always happened or recently ?

We need more information to try and diagnose your problem Smile
quote:
I found what helps is to really sit down first and think about how you are going to organize all of your photos. Instead of uploading all photos into one folder, I decided to create multiple folders for various themes. I also created a folder for items that I have sold but no longer carry. This way if the day comes I carry them again, I can move them out of the 'Black Hole Folder' and into the folder that is active

Good advice. I tend to do most of my photo organizing on my harddrive, and at creation, when naming the images, I perform the "Save As" action at the image editing stage.
For example... I am presently listing book lots.
These lots are "one time" listings, so, I create a folder for each lot, and I number them.
When I name the images, I give them names like... Lot 57 Img 1. (In the auctiva image managing folders, all book images are uploaded to the same folder.) This helps keep track of your uploading, as it is easier to drag and drop sequential images, from one folder. And also helps move tasks quicker when creating listings, as I then just search BY NAME, when adding images to the listing, and enter the Lot #, which all images for that lot, will have the same number, in their title. So, it only pulls up the images for that particular listing, which makes it very easy to click in order. For example...Searching on Lot 57 will bring up Images 1-8 of Lot 57, and will appear in sequential order.

This model will still work if you want to name the photos. For example...your filename could be Handbag 22_Rosetti straw organizer Image 1, 2 etc. When adding the images, you could still just search by name by "Handbag 22" and get all images for that listing. This process works even if you have multiple items with the same images. Similar to your process, you would just "resurrect" the images, from an earlier listing. In selling one-time items, on my harddrive, I move the folder to a SOLD items folder. This way I know that all listings in the active folder are just that...active, or to be relisted at a later date, if they went unsold. I would recommend using a term from your search title in the image file name. This can help when relisting closed items. As a similar search can be done. eBay is having a reduced listing fee promotion, what's here in my active folder that I need to relist? And then you can search on Auctiva by name, and pull up that listing to repost to eBay.

Using the numbering system, or a similar coded system, and the search tool on Auctiva, can reduce your reliance on managing your image folders to infinite sub categories.

Just a work process, to ease the tedium of listing functions, that has worked for me, that may be helpful to others.
quote:
Originally posted by ChooChooGuy:
Need to check a few things

1) are you using a dial-up or broadband connection ?

2) what speed of computer 1,GHz 2Ghz ?

3) if you are using a PC what operating system are you using Win 98, XP , Vista

4) if a Mac same question as above

5) has this always happened or recently ?

We need more information to try and diagnose your problem Smile

THANKS for your help.
1) My connection is ADSL
2) 2GHz
3) Windows XP
4) PC
5) I'm new in auctiva.
quote:
Originally posted by ChooChooGuy:
Hi Ana, I found this happened to me in recent months when using IE6 on XP, at the suggestion of others here I tried and now use Firefox for all my online editing with Auctiva as it runs 10 to 20x faster than IE for me.

There is a link on the help page to get this free 3rd party browser Smile

Hi,
Many thanks for your help.
Since I enter to AUCTIVA, my computer becomes much more slow. Is there any solution for this problem?
THANKS again, ana
You can only open one listing at a time to edit/create (although you could open 10 browser windows, one in each !), and I don't recall seeing a bulk edit or replace for images. However if use use the create similar option it is pretty quick.

Few tips :-
I would also suggest you upload all images to Auctiva first via the bulk uploader using IE not FF before creating your listing, much quicker then uploading into each listing.

Size shouldn't really be more than 1024x768 otherwise too big for most buyers displays and takes ages to upload, much more efficient to prepare off line first.

It is also worth preview and error checking each listing before saving.

If listing detail is long prepare it offline and copy paste into the listing, otherwise an internet glitch could easily blow away your work, been many a victim groan and sigh on here. Smile
quote:
How can I do listings offline?

Build your description text using a free HTML editor of which there are many available on the web.

You could use M$ Word and copy/paste into the 'standard' window but don't allow clean up otherwise you lose any formatting.

Using a HTML editor with WYSIWYG ('standard') editor gives the leanest code.

M$ Word or Frontpage generate very bloated code but M$ Word is on most users PC's. I used Word for quite a while on here but the generated code does not read /display so well if viewed with FireFox. Also it could display wrong when pasted into listing editors of other sites, so I have moved solely to a HTML editor.

When all the text is created paste any appropriate bits into seller details, set up profiles and templates (if you wish to) and upload all your images for a batch of listings.

Then when all ready create your listings, using create similar where possible, planning ahead and batching similar items at the creation stage saves a lot of time and minimises loss due to internet glitches. Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.