Skip to main content

I read that the category issue was supposed to be resolved yesterday, but i have bicycles to list, and I keep getting an invalid category message.

In frustration, i uploaded one through my ebay, but the auction looks nothing like the others I have up. I need to be consistent.

How much longer is this going to be an issue? I have found this site to be hard to navigate, my uploads take hours to appear in my ebay store, my categories have still yet to surface.

Is this the norm here? have I made a bad choice in my auction manager?

If I cant use the categories I need, i will have to find another site where I can keep all my auctions the same. I am building a store and can't wait for these issues to correct themselves.

Please suggest something that would keep me here.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here is an answer to another user from Auctiva Support:

Auctiva Mike D.
Auctiva Support
Elite
Posted March 12, 2008 01:11 PM Hide Post
Hi Community,

We are going to be updating our categories to reflect the recent changes eBay has made to their category structure later today, so the current categories that are available on the eBay website should also be available through Auctiva by this evening.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support department using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

If the categories aren't working for you, use the link OR the help button at the top of the page and file a support request. Auctiva tries their best to keep up with Ebay's changes, btw.

And as far as the listings not showing in your store right away, that will happen when you use any 3rd party service, not just Auctiva. Ebay is the one that pulls listings for fraud check and does the indexing. I've had auctions take over 6 hours to be searchable even when I listed directly thru Ebay Frown I think it only happens the first time you list with an Ebay store, not sure on that one tho...Hang in there Smile you'll be glad you did.
Hi nstrailersales,

Thanks for pointing this out. We experienced a technical hiccup with the category update we conducted last night, and the bicycle categories were some of those that were affected. This issue has since been resolved so you should now be able to select the appropriate categories in which to list your bicycles from the Auctiva lister page without encountering that error.

Also, the reason your new listings take a few hours to show up in your eBay store is because they must go through eBay's "indexing" process. This is not an Auctiva specific issue and, if you would like to read more about it, you can do so on the following page of eBay's help index: http://pages.ebay.com/help/find/questions/wheres-my-item.html

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support department using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.