Skip to main content

Trying to change a now dead link in verbal description. If "revise item" worked like create, no problem. But instead I get box where I must paste text to be revised. Then enter replacement text. Yes? Not even sure this has option for link. Meantime bay itself gives no way to edit link in standard, and html looks too dangerous to mess with.
Simple thing seems hard. Frown
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello ukidnme$,

If you refer to the Find and Replace tool for the Description area of an active listing, please note that as the warning on the page states:

"We suggest revising a single listing before revising in bulk. Be sure to take into account HTML tags that may be present when doing find/replace style revisions."

So you would need to take into account the HTML for the URLs of the link you refer to both in the Find and the Replace fields. This would typically be the URL tags that create the link for the text as well as the text itself.

If you are having difficulty with this, please feel free to file a support case providing an example listing you wish to change as well as the specific link and what you wish to change it to and we can take a look and should be able to let you know what's required to make such a change on listings that are still eligible for revision on eBay.

- Craig
thanks for attempt Craig but looks like I must start case. Only one way I can "take into account the HTML for the URLs of the link you refer to both in the Find and the Replace fields."
I actually copied the text that has the link embedded on ebay, then pasted into the Find box. Using standard for reason stated before. I then used a dummy auc. creation page to create the same text w new desired link, cut & pasted in Replace box. Nothing shows/asks whether link has been inserted. I then submit & get page says "0 had errors. 1 was skipped." Whatever that means.? Confused
Then go to listing, nothing has changed. Frown

btw is there simple way to refer support to this w/o retelling story?
Thanks
Hello again,

The find and replace tool does require the HTML tags that make the link as well as the text itself so to make such a change that information is required in both the Find and the Replace fields.

Without looking at the specific listing and what was being attempted to change there is no way to be certain why the change was skipped. Please proceed with creating a support case with the specific example as well as what change you wish to make (please let us know both the existing information as well as what you wish to change it to) and we'll be happy to assist you. Please also keep in mind that this will only function correctly for listings that are still eligible for revision on eBay.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.