Skip to main content

I can't seem to get my images to load with the new uploader. They only upload if I do them one at a time. This will take FOREVER! and is not acceptable. I can't list effectively if it takes me 1/2hr to upload my photos. What is going on here. This is very frustrating. Anyone else having this problem? I am doing nothing different, same camera, same computer.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi

I had thought I read that there was an automatic "sensing" of older versions of ones browser and a different version of the uploader would be sued in that case. If I am remembering currently, it appears not to be working. I am using an older version of Firefox and when I click on upload the first picture appears and no others. This same symptom happened when I tried the uploader in the Beta program. My version of FireFox is 28 and I am using Windows XP SP3. Did I misunderstand?

I found the quote about the automatic sensing

quote:
We were able to build a 2nd version of the new uploader (for people who have trouble with it) that you can also try. It will automatically load if it detects that someone is using IE 9 or older, old versions of Safari on Snowleopard, old versions of FireFox, etc. “so how can one try that uploader"

Again, I do not know why you would discontinue the old loader simply because Chrome will not support it. There are a lot of us who do not use Chrome so why not keep it around longer than April does

quote:
As we've mentioned, we will not be able to support the old Aurigma version past April due to Chrome ending support for Java. However, you can still access it via this link http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx until then.
I am using IE 10 on a newer HP computer running Win 7. I tried again just now and using the Auctiva Uploader cannot load more than 4 images at a time or it causes my browser to repeatedly shut dowm. When I went to the alt uploader - one at a time - they failed to load at all. Then I saw that I have to manually readjust the picture size. Are you guys kidding me? Do you have any concept at all of how long it will take me to resize every photo that I use on eBay? And then I have still have to upload one at a time. This is ridiculous. I might as well just list from eBay. I have been using Auctiva ever since Aution Rover shut down. Now I am seriously considering shutting dowm my account with you guys. I can't operate this way. I need to be able to list effectively and FAST! Taking 20 min to upload 4 freakin' photos is not FAST. How can this be new and improved?
Hello holliwoodhostess -

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with the uploader. I am not aware of any issues with the HTML uploader that would prevent you from using it as one would normally, as we have made no changes to that uploader. As for the issues that you have encountered with the new bulk uploader, it sounds like we would need to take a closer look at the specifics of what is occurring for you and perhaps review the images where you have encountered such issues to be able to look into what is actually occurring for you. I suggest you let us know the details of your experience in a support case, which you can file from under the Help tab of your account so we can assist you with this.

- Craig
Hi

I had thought I read that there was an automatic "sensing" of older versions of ones browser and a different version of the uploader would be sued in that case. If I am remembering currently, it appears not to be working. I am using an older version of Firefox and when I click on upload the first picture appears and no others. This same symptom happened when I tried the uploader in the Beta program. My version of FireFox is 28 and I am using Windows XP SP3. Did I misunderstand?

Again, I do not know why you would discontinue the old loader simply because Chrome will not support it. There are a lot of us who do not use Chrome so why not keep it around longer than April does

I found the quote about the automatic sensing "We were able to build a 2nd version of the new uploader (for people who have trouble with it) that you can also try. It will automatically load if it detects that someone is using IE 9 or older, old versions of Safari on Snowleopard, old versions of FireFox, etc. “ so how can o

"

Posted Sunday, 3/8/2015 5:25 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter and I certainly understand your point of view.

I would like to inform you that the new uploader provides two levels of support. Prime supports with all features, while baseline provides basic functionality for users who are unable to use a modern browser. You should be able to upload and review multiple images to the desired folder while you use Internet Explorer 9 (Windows Vista and older, compatibility mode). However, Internet Explorer 8 and older as well as very old versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera are unsupported.

Yes, you are correct, since the old image uploader required Java plugin on the latest browser and the latest version of Chrome no longer supports Java, we have to introduce the new uploader which does not require any additional plugin to upload image through any browser so that many of our users using Google Chrome should be able to upload the images. Also, our other users were also facing difficulties when uploading the images using Internet Explorer 11 and Mozilla Firefox (which requires Java as well).

The old uploader has a size restriction of 35 MB per batch, where is there is no restriction on a batch limit using the new uploader. Also the old uploader only supports jpg and gif format, whereas the new uploader even supports bmp format and automatically changes the image to a jpg format.

However, I am escalating your feedback regarding the new Auctiva Uploader to our Product Management team. In the meantime, in case you want to use the old uploader, you can use it via the following link:

http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx

Please be aware that this uploader will be phased out officially after June. You can use it until and after then as long as it is working for you however we no longer support it and if it stops working for you we will not be able to troubleshoot it

In case of further assistance please write back and let us know.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
Hello Community -

We have had some reports of difficulties with older browsers, especially older versions of IE. This issue is being looked into by our engineers, but at present, I have no ETA for a fix. You should be able to work around this issue by using a current version of Firefox or Chrome in the meantime.

I will update this thread as soon as more information regarding this issue becomes available.

- Craig
wouldn't another work around be to use the old uploader

The old uploader has a size restriction of 35 MB per batch, where is there is no restriction on a batch limit using the new uploader. Also the old uploader only supports jpg and gif format, whereas the new uploader even supports bmp format and automatically changes the image to a jpg format.

However, I am escalating your feedback regarding the new Auctiva Uploader to our Product Management team. In the meantime, in case you want to use the old uploader, you can use it via the following link:

http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx

Please be aware that this uploader will be phased out officially after June. You can use it until and after then as long as it is working for you however we no longer support it and if it stops working for you we will not be able to troubleshoot it

In case of further assistance please write back and let us know.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
Hello sarahrose -

I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to encounter difficulty with the uploader. Unfortunately, without the specific details of what occurs for you when in the process and some information about your Operating System and browser, it is difficult to say what may be occurring for you. That being the case, I suggest that you file a support case from under the Help tab of your account letting us know the details about what you are experiencing and at what point in the process as well as your OS and browser so we can look into it for you.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.